Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day guys
Im from the land downunder! Yes the very people that gave you the wonderful GTO or as we like to call it the "monaro" It really is a great car isn't it? My history of the "New" monaro stretches back to 2001 when my uncle was the first (among 100 others) to get the first holden manaro in aus. Despite the fact we already had a holden commodore (4 door) SS which was already power by the LS1 the manaro had that immediate appeal that the others didnt and since then ive been actively involved in the australia manaro community. It came as a huge shock to everyone in aus when GM announced that the design was so well liked around the world that it was going to badged as the pontiac GTO in the US, vauxhall manaro in europe and chev ?? something in the middle-east. It really put australia on the map for innovative car design and holden in particular. Well its best i let the cars speak for themselves and end my rant so if u need me ill be wrestling crocodiles and feeding my pet kangaroo's
L8erz :cheers

BTW any other aussies on here?

·
Registered
590 Posts
All this time I thought they were Monaros...

We're just glad you put the steering wheel on the correct side for us:D

Don't mind the radio controls are backwards:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahha sorry its MONARO, not manaro, what was i thinking? :confused We have some badass monaros downunder like the Monaro Coupe 4 LS2 power All wheel drive :eek: also the last ever monaro built (december 05) is as we speak being sold over ebay.

COUPE 4

·
Registered
590 Posts
just beatin' you up, mate.

us old timers here are very familiar with Holden history and there's been many different threads about many different subjects.

There's a good lot of you "southern" members around.

The GTO / Holden following is almost cultish:cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.