Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm knew to the forums, and a new '04 GTO owner. I just bought it this tuesday, and so far, I love the car!!! God, 6 speed, great power, I love the interior... Just awesome. Anyhow, I've got a few questions, and yes, I looked around already but was hoping for a more direct answer...

What are some good mods?
I'm thinking along the line of I/H/E for starters... I just want to know what you guys would recommend.

I've also heard rumors that Vortech makes a 50 state legal supercharger... True?

Anyhow, Thanks in advance. :cool

·
Registered
88 Posts
I new someone would ask?

tkosmith said:
Hi All,
I'm knew to the forums, and a new '04 GTO owner. I just bought it this tuesday, and so far, I love the car!!! God, 6 speed, great power, I love the interior... Just awesome. Anyhow, I've got a few questions, and yes, I looked around already but was hoping for a more direct answer...

What are some good mods?
I'm thinking along the line of I/H/E for starters... I just want to know what you guys would recommend.

I've also heard rumors that Vortech makes a 50 state legal supercharger... True?

Anyhow, Thanks in advance. :cool
When did they quite teeching speling??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
dctex99 said:
When did they quite teeching speling??
What?!

I you were shooting for "When did they quit teaching spelling?" Which I don't understand, Everything in my post was properly spelled.

And, yes, I realize you were being facetious... I'm only looking for some help and advice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It will depend on how much money you have to spend. You can find a CAI for around 200-400 dollars depending on which brand (should get around 7-12 hp). A cam might cost around 300-500 dollars and you might get in the 50-100 hp gain. Long-tube headers are recommended for around 30 hp but, most that I've looked at are around 1000+ dollars. A supercharger will cost around 5,000 and then installation if you don't do it yourself. You always have the Nitrous option. There are plenty of options out there it just depends on how much you are willing to spend and whether you care about your factory warranty. Good luck and congrats on the new purchase!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thanks for the response. I love it so far, but I know I'm going to want some more power... Yeah, Only reason I want to stay away from the cam is because of the warranty... I'm trying to put on parts that I could easily swap, in the event I needed to go back for service (Which I will, eventually)...

I'm going to do some more searching around, parts are pretty tough to find! Anywho, I'm thinking I/H/E for starters... Then move on from there. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd go blower if it fits under the hood.

I've put a cold air induction on several cars, and frankly it's a waste of money, primarily because anything less than a 50 hp change just doesn't register in the seat of my pants.

The heads and cam route are best left to one of the tuners because there are always computer tuning issues to be ironed out. Look for the corvette tuners for this (same powerplant).They really don't charge so much labor for that work. But overall that route will cost a much as a blower and the power increase is all at the top of the rpm range, so it's less useful on the street. When I was in high school during the musclecar race we repeatedly would take perfectly nice cars and make them unstreetable by throwing big cams, heads and carbs at them. Not the best approach for the road.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I stock the entire BMR, SLP, Procharger, STS Turbo, and New ERA intake lines so if you want a part for your goat chances are I'm staring at it!! Their are so many options you should call me or email me and we can go over everything, I don't mind it if you don't buy it from me as long as I can help out!!
817.589.3316 or [email protected], my name is Steve A. :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts