Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Ok, so over the past week I've test driven an R32, G35, GTO, SRT4, Charger, & GTO (Again:party: ) ...I gotta say I'm SOLD! I always have been a huge fan of america muscle and only drove the r32 & other ricer cars cause my friends wanted to go have fun on the test drives.

For the longest time I thought I was going to get the charger, then I sat in the GTO for my first time. Not only are the performance specs off the charts, BUT THE RIDE... OHHH WOW! I serriously am still flipping out, I can hear the deep rumble of the exhaust and feel it throwing me back in my seat... :cheers

Ok, as you all can tell I'm obsessed. Anyways, I found the car I want, its in Philly, I'm probably gonna go up there monday cause tomorrow is my mother's birthday. Anyways I wanted to say hey but also, what things should I be checking for when I go check out this car? Its an 04 manual by the way. thanks for letting me come on board and I can't wait to meet some of the people on the forum, from my lurking so far it seems like a great community

T -1 day and counting... :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
R32 is a great car! Wanted to buy one in late 04 but had trouble detting the price I wanted. Infact so is the G35...one of the most attractive body lines on a car. 05 GTO was only a couple of grand more then the R32! You won't be dissapointed with the GTO!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Terp,

Welcome aboard. This is a great board. There are extremely knowledgable folks here. You can ask just about any question, not get slammed for asking, and get multiple responses within hours. What better resource could you ask for.

When you test drive, make sure to get that engine up to temp first, then ease it through first, pop it down to second and hit the gas. You should really enjoy the power in second, third, and through 4th. The car should have nice straightline acceleration through those gears and into forth. Get it up to about 80, drop it into 6th and notice how smooth the ride is. Luxury car status.

When test driving it, I would give the brakes a nice hard test to make sure anit-lock is working well. You should get a nice controled heavy braking. That may be one of the hidden secrets of the GTO. I feel more control in this car than others I have owned and driven.

Check out the tires on the car before you start doing any hard cornering. If it has BF Goodrich on it, I would lighten up a little on that test. Those tires suck (as you have seen in other posts). They will not stick to the road and may get you in trouble before the purchase. If there are BFG's, replace them as soon as possible.

I say load Mama up TODAY, buy that GTO, and take her for the Birthday ride of her life!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.