Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I am a new member here but have read posts off and on for a while.
I thought I had read that a couple members had purchased there new 05 GTO for $24,000.00
Can anyone confirm this and if so would they be willing to give any details as to what was involved and how they got the price down so low?
What city and what month was it purchased in?
Thanks for any and all help and for a great and informative site.
I am going to look at some GTO's today after work if I get off in time.
Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
silverdroptop said:
Hello everyone
I am a new member here but have read posts off and on for a while.
I thought I had read that a couple members had purchased there new 05 GTO for $24,000.00
Can anyone confirm this and if so would they be willing to give any details as to what was involved and how they got the price down so low?
What city and what month was it purchased in?
Thanks for any and all help and for a great and informative site.
I am going to look at some GTO's today after work if I get off in time.
Thanks again.
I don't know of anyone getting an 05' for 24K..... You may have read some guys that got 04's for that as left overs. I've heard mention of 27K or 29K but not 24K for 05's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply GTO Judge, You might be right on the 04 but I thought it was for an 05.
I hope to make it to check out a couple today and see what kind of price I can get, these seem to be great cars from what I have read.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
silverdroptop said:
Thanks for the reply GTO Judge, You might be right on the 04 but I thought it was for an 05.
I hope to make it to check out a couple today and see what kind of price I can get, these seem to be great cars from what I have read.
You have to drive one....Once you do, you're hooked.

They're fantastic. The more you drive it the more you'll love it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome!
Hopefully you will find that the GTO is a great car. From the excellent interior to the spacious room underneath the hood, this is one [email protected]** machine!
Again, welcome to the forum :cheers . You're hanging out with a great group of guys and girls that know their stuff and are welcome to share their knowledge.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The '04s were blown out at firesales prices. I'd heard of people getting '05s in the high 20's -- but I haven't heard of any killer deals for a couple of months now.

Outside of the Hummer brand, only two cars are not part of the GM Employee Discount program -- the Corvette and GTO. That should tell you something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the replys.
I did go to the dealer Saturday but they had already closed when I got off work.
They have a yellow 6 speed which is what I wanted but they also had a midnight blue 6 speed sitting next to it and now I am torn between the 2 colors.
The blue one was left unlocked so I got to check out the interior (much nicer than any GM car I have ever owned including my 87 Vette), the motor and the trunk. I did expect the trunk to be a little bigger but I guess that is from the gas tank relocation for the U.S. market.
I think I liked the blue better, atleast under the lights.
One thing is for sure they are both very nice cars and you guys and girls that already have one are truly lucky.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
silverdroptop said:
Thanks for the welcome and the replys.
I did go to the dealer Saturday but they had already closed when I got off work.
They have a yellow 6 speed which is what I wanted but they also had a midnight blue 6 speed sitting next to it and now I am torn between the 2 colors.
The blue one was left unlocked so I got to check out the interior (much nicer than any GM car I have ever owned including my 87 Vette), the motor and the trunk. I did expect the trunk to be a little bigger but I guess that is from the gas tank relocation for the U.S. market.
I think I liked the blue better, atleast under the lights.
One thing is for sure they are both very nice cars and you guys and girls that already have one are truly lucky.
:agree :seeya:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The color really depends on your personality. The yellow is just awsome looking and screams for attention (unfortunately often from those in uniform). I love yellow cars. Saw a Cavalier coupe today in yellow, and even that looked good. The interior is really sharp too, with the yellow gauges and stiching.

But for me to drive everyday, I bought the midnight blue. It is very subtle...almost a sleeper. I've always liked cars that are a wolf in sheep's clothing. But whatever color you buy, you will love the car more everytime you drive it. There aren't too many cars that you can say that about.

:cheers :cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
Back in June, i went to the dealer to take an 05 for a test drive just to see what it had to offer and ended up signing the papers when i got back. There was no way i could let this car slip through my fingers. but B A said the GTO was not included in the GM employe discount, but when i bought mine it was, must be dependant on the dealer or the area.

·
Registered
937 Posts
StangStalker said:
Back in June, i went to the dealer to take an 05 for a test drive just to see what it had to offer and ended up signing the papers when i got back. There was no way i could let this car slip through my fingers. but B A said the GTO was not included in the GM employe discount, but when i bought mine it was, must be dependant on the dealer or the area.
Nope, they started out offering the program on the GTO but after a couple months they nixed it. It was when they decided to extend the offer, they decided to add the GTO to the exclusion with the Vette.

·
Registered
143 Posts
FastFreddy said:
The color really depends on your personality. The yellow is just awsome looking and screams for attention (unfortunately often from those in uniform). I love yellow cars. Saw a Cavalier coupe today in yellow, and even that looked good. The interior is really sharp too, with the yellow gauges and stiching.

But for me to drive everyday, I bought the midnight blue. It is very subtle...almost a sleeper. I've always liked cars that are a wolf in sheep's clothing. But whatever color you buy, you will love the car more everytime you drive it. There aren't too many cars that you can say that about.

:cheers :cheers
:agree :agree :agree

That's why I bought one as well! Also, the darker blue shines really well even if it hasn't been washed recently. I get compliments on how good the car looks when I haven't done anything to it for a week or more. And at night when it's polished up............it's simply gorgeous.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Man, i bought my 05 in yellow because the color was so intense, and i've found out that it is almost impossible to keep clean. I have a daily driver to go to and from work and drive the Goat primarily on the weekends, and it gets filthy just sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
565 Posts
StangStalker said:
Man, i bought my 05 in yellow because the color was so intense, and i've found out that it is almost impossible to keep clean. I have a daily driver to go to and from work and drive the Goat primarily on the weekends, and it gets filthy just sitting in the driveway.
That's one reason why you don't get a white or yellow or any light colored car... if you don't want to wash your car often. Just remember, any amount of dirt you get on the car will show up much better on it than say... a black car. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
When I first saw the color choices, my first choice was Cyclone Gray. That is what I went in to order. My wife kept telling me get silver, get silver. I said naaaaa I want the Gray. When I found out the SAP colors did not include Gray in their color choices, and to have the parts painted for 1800, and not be guaranteed a perfect match, I took silver. I'm glad I did.

I was not too wild on taking delivery on a car that I could not see the color first before taking delivery. I am glad I didn't take the Gray after all, although it's nice, I think the silver is hot. I've had so many blue cars in the past, I didn't want blue. Black is hard to keep clean, and my wife's car is red, I didn't want another red car. The darker colors do not show the accents of the car like the lighter colors do. The hood scoops, and grill inserts all blend in and it's hard to see the accents, so I eliminated them too.

Another color I saw in pictures was yellow.. I didn't like it. I thought Why would someone want yellow... YUK!

Well after I saw a few yellow ones at a dealership, I gotta say, man that yellow is hot. The pictures DO NOT do the car justice. I told my wife that if I were looking now, Yellow would be one of my choices. It's just sweet looking. I like it a lot..... after I got a chance to see one in person.

Ordering a color from a book is not a wise decision if you haven't seen a car in your color choice. Although I'd take a GTO in any color just to have a GTO, picking the color is the personal touch ya add to the vehicle. For my taste, the Gray is nice, but I think that if I would have waited for my order and it arrived, and I wasn't totally happy with it, well, there just aren't any others around to swap with, and I would have taken it all the while kicking my self in the arz . At the time of delivery once the car arrived, there were no Silver ones even close to me.

My point is this: If you are looking for a particular color without seeing it in person, make it a point to go see one, cause the chip samples, and the color samples look a whole lot different on paper than they do on the car. The Yellow I once thought was YUK, well, after seeing it on metal, I think it's sweet looking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GTO Judge, I do agree with you on seeing the colors in person on the car.
I think the silver is a great color on these cars, but my Vette is silver so I wanted something different.
I realy like the yellow and that is what I was planning on and then I seen the midnight blue metalic setting next to the yellow one and I realy liked the blue, at least under the deales lights at night.
I have not seen it during the day yet though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:agree
Seeing the car in person is a must. I was firm on getting a black one and didn't like any of the other colors, but when I saw the gray in person I snatched it up right away. It was beautiful. Now I just need to get the SAP. Woo Wooo!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yellow 05 M6

I paid $41,257 out the door for my yellow Goat with SAP and extended warranty.It has CAI and B&M shifter. It has 800 miles on it. It has been at the dealer for fitment problems of the SAP package. I am so upset about I think I want to sell it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.