Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To introduce myself:
I'm a certifiable car-nut from Iowa. I just graduated from college in December and I'm looking to replace my car as I've been driving it since high school. I've been interested in the GTO since it showed up in 2004. I'm thinking of getting a 6spd '05 or '06 (I want the LS2). Now for my questions

How much is invoice price and how much below it do these cars sell for?

I've seen three different stock exhaust setups (two tips on one side, two tips one on each side, and four tips two on each side). Is it a model year thing?

Those of you with the SAP is it worth it?

Any other helpful comments, suggestions, or experiences would be great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
rac156 said:
To introduce myself:
I'm a certifiable car-nut from Iowa. I just graduated from college in December and I'm looking to replace my car as I've been driving it since high school. I've been interested in the GTO since it showed up in 2004. I'm thinking of getting a 6spd '05 or '06 (I want the LS2). Now for my questions

How much is invoice price and how much below it do these cars sell for?

I've seen three different stock exhaust setups (two tips on one side, two tips one on each side, and four tips two on each side). Is it a model year thing?

Those of you with the SAP is it worth it?

Any other helpful comments, suggestions, or experiences would be great.
Invoice is around 30k. With rebates and incentives you can get an 05 for about 28-29. The 06 I'd guess is 2k more.

The 2 on one side is an 04. They are true duals, just both pipes come out the same side. The 2 exhaust,1 on each side is an 05 or 06. The 4 exhaust 2 on each side is an 05 or 06 with the SAP exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
'05's, I know for a fact are available (with $2500 rebate) for around $26.5K. It depends on where you live, and how motivated the dealer is. Cars is the NE seem to be selling cheaper than ones on the West coast or down south.

Another forum says a guy got a deal on a new '05 for $25K. The link he provided did not support that though- - -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Visit Edmunds.com for invoice info
as far as getting an 05 for 25k goes......I wouldn't count on that,I guess a couple of people have beaten the dealer to death and actually got that price but when I was looking at 05's the best I saw was $28500,and the car is a real bargain at anything around 30k just look around and find any other car with 400 hp a 6 spd, indy rear ,and can run high 13's for that price(you won't)
anyway good luck with your search
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
Visit Edmunds.com for invoice info
as far as getting an 05 for 25k goes......I wouldn't count on that,I guess a couple of people have beaten the dealer to death and actually got that price but when I was looking at 05's the best I saw was $28500,and the car is a real bargain at anything around 30k just look around and find any other car with 400 hp a 6 spd, indy rear ,and can run high 13's for that price(you won't)
anyway good luck with your search
Been waiting for DealerNut to chime in, maybe he will later.

I don't think getting one of the '05 GTO's for less than $28500 is "beating the dealer to death". In fact, if you check with some of the dealers in the Rochester NY area, you'll find they are very happy to sell the cars for substantially less than that, just to get them off their lots and off their inventory.

Go to the GM vehicle locator and plug in Rochester's zip code. You'll find several dealers in Rochester, Canandaigua (where I got mine, and the met me halfway in Harrisburg, PA), and Newark that are very motivated.

Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responces.

I've located a silver '05 with 1300 miles. The car is used and the dealer is asking $27,000. What do you think I could get it bought for (in the midwest)? I'm thinking $27 is a little high. Is the fact that its used and only has 1300 miles something to be concerned about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
rac156 said:
Is the fact that its used and only has 1300 miles something to be concerned about?
Not necessarily. My last vehicle was an '05 Jeep Liberty that I bought last September when I was planning to buy a house. My plans changed, so I decided to trade it in on something a little more fun to drive. It barely had 4000 miles when I traded it in and was still basically new. Just look it over carefully to make sure it hasn't been wrecked. Since you're a "certifiable car-nut" you probably don't need a mechanic's opinion.

That said, $27,000 seems a little high for used. Unless they come down some, I'd look at buying new. Also, if you are financing, you will probably get a better rate on a new car, so the payments might not be all that different.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top