Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...just introducing myself. My name is Joe and I picked up a 67 GTO that I plan on restoring to nice driver quality with my dad and son. Im new to this forum stuff and to the muscle car world. Please be patient lol. Im sure I will have LOTS of questions. Take care all!:seeya:

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum GJ..... There are real astute guys on here that can answer any question you have, from building an engine from scratch to getting it running at its optimum. Ask away, our technical support staff is here for you.:cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where were all these GTO guys in SoCal when I lived there? I was like the only non-Chevy/Ford guy winning street races... Okay, maybe not the ONLY guy, but damn few!

There's a Pontiac "hard core" in Chino! Vinny Madeya and his nostalgia funny car! He joined us in the "6 Second Club" a couple weeks ago at Pontiac Heaven (Steve Barcak's show in Phoenix). The"kicker" is he used a "stock" 400 block and crank! 6.99 @ 199!

Welcome aboard! And remember, when the Chevy boys tell you a Pontiac "don't run", remind THEM, GTO didn't get it's reputation from LOSING to SS396... :)-

Jim

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joe.
You definately came to the right place.
I have a 67 as well.
That wouln't be running now if not for the fantastic talent in this room
good luck
:cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
welcome Joe, I'm workin on a 67 too. Any questions you have can be answered by the guys in this forum. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the hearty welcome guys!!!:cheers
That is the one in my avatar lol....it sat for 15 years or so in the guys garage..he had used it for a daily driver....the engine is gonna require a bit of work but with the help of the resident car guy (dad) it sould be running soon!!!! then on to all the other stuff. thanks again...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome. I'm new here too. Nice looking car and likely a solid one to start with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts