Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. New to your forum. I have owned a '66 GTO for the past 30 years. It is a numbers matching, tri-power, 4 spd. Just starting on a freshening up restoration. Looking forward to learning from the experiences of members of this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have '67 HT...400 / 4 spd / Plummist (M) / White vinyl top....still has rochester quadrajet....floods easily, smell of fumes fills the garage even after a short hop....plenty of cranking amps but a hard start....quad rebuilt about a year ago...now back to same old habits....

- what would be the best replacement carb (I prefer to purchase a new one)?
- anyone aware of a great speed shop or somewhere in Middle Tennessee that could do work on an old muscle car?

thanks!

B. Stewart
Franklin, TN

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
My advice is to take the carb off and ship it to Cliff Ruggles for a rebuild. He is a member on the performance years forum and has written a book on Q-Jets. There is really no better replacement carb for your vehicle than the original rebuilt unit, done correctly. Check out the threads on Q-jets, etc., on the other forum. You have a rare and classic GTO.....best to keep it that way, IMO. Good luck to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts