Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an administrator over at GMtruckforum.org and i've been hunting for a f-body since the WS6 and test drove an 02 SS but that is as close as i've ever been to the real deal....

obviously, the GTO is about the only thing close to a new ZO6 sooooooooo

I'd just like to say that I am a wanna be owner of a GTO in blue or God Bless GM..... a camaro if they ever built it.

My dad was 3rd generation GM at delphi and I'm die hard tainted GM.....

so with that, I hope to have some fun and get all i can about REAL info on the new GOATS

first post.. and i have to edit my screw up lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The GTO reminds me of the Syclone and Typhoons from GMC. They were very fast for their time and I never found much not to like about the Typhoon other than the pie pan rear brakes. Sure, the Grand Nationals were out there and many were truly fast. But why the same basic power train, with all wheel drive, never really caught on, I don't know. To me, the new GTO is remarkably like buying a Corvette with more room for half the price. I find (and this is very subjective!) that the GTO fits me better than the Corvette both in the size of the vehicle and the interior ergoniomics. But I sure do like the Heads up display in the Vette! The GTO also somehow avoided the current GM trend of making your car into your nanny. Please GM, leave off all the electronic babysitting! I'm probably the only person on this forum who was really glad to see the car does not have On-Star! I don't need them to know where I am and how fast I'm driving and giving them the option to turn off the car at any time. The repo folks must love that one......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.