Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi to you folks. I am considering buying a new GTO. I've had 3 Pontiac's in the past. 67 Bonneville,67 Catalina,72 Grand Prix. Wish I still had the Bonn.

Looking to sell my current car (1999, jaguar XK8), its a cool car and all and got some power (290 hp) but I'm looking for a daily driver (70 miles a day). I love muscle cars, always have. How would this car be for a daily driver?

Love any comments you folks might have about this purchase.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Gotta agree with what the others say. The GTO was designed as a daily driver with performance (though whether you would want to drive it in winters if you live in regions that get snow is another discussion). The seats will allow you to take lengthy trips without back pain, and you can even fit 4 adults in the car. The trunk is a bit small though, so you'll want to check that out. It works for most normal stuff, however, at least for what I do; YMMV.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winter is just something that you have to deal with up here in the north. I drove for years in the winter with just RWD cars. We didnt have any other choices. If I can drive my old Rx7 in the winter, I'm sure I can drive the GTO. I'm also lucky, if its really bad, I work from home. I may try to test drive one this week. Is GM/Pontiac running any incentives right now?

·
Registered
312 Posts
ridgegoat said:
Just wanted to say Hi to you folks. I am considering buying a new GTO. I've had 3 Pontiac's in the past. 67 Bonneville,67 Catalina,72 Grand Prix. Wish I still had the Bonn.

Looking to sell my current car (1999, jaguar XK8), its a cool car and all and got some power (290 hp) but I'm looking for a daily driver (70 miles a day). I love muscle cars, always have. How would this car be for a daily driver?

Love any comments you folks might have about this purchase.
Had mine for 2 years and it is one of the nicest vehicles I've ever had or driven I'm selling it for 22 if you want it.:cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.