Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seem to be a lot of users here from AZ, I'm personally from Mesa, AZ. Anyway, my '66 goat needs some new headers and I'm trying to find a local shop some of you may have used or fellows that you could possibly recommend for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if they instal headers, but Mesa Mufflers does good exhaust work on older cars.
Thanks for the reply. I've only lived here for 3 months, so just trying to find all the good shops and places to go locally. I'll check them out. I've also had Musselman's recommended to me by an associate. Believe they are east of the 101 on Main. So I'll check these two out! If anyone else has other recommendations specifically for installing new headers, please post! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
I put a set of Hooker Competition Ceramic coated headers on my 67 before I reassembled the front clip. I dropped the starter, removed the motor mount bolts and used my engine hoist to raise the engine. 2 of the header bolt holes will need to be modified for proper fit.

I found the headers at Summit Racing

Year One also has Hooker Headers for about the same price, I purchased a set of Hedman headers and did not like the 3 tube design so I sent those back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I put a set of Hooker Competition Ceramic coated headers on my 67 before I reassembled the front clip. I dropped the starter, removed the motor mount bolts and used my engine hoist to raise the engine. 2 of the header bolt holes will need to be modified for proper fit.

I found the headers at Summit Racing

Year One also has Hooker Headers for about the same price, I purchased a set of Hedman headers and did not like the 3 tube design so I sent those back.

Why did you have to modify the bolt holes on the header? Did they not line up or something? What tools/equipment did you have to use to modify them?
Thx.

Oh and what Hedman headers were they?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts