Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought an 05 Black 6spd. I got it from my Toyota dealer that he got from the Price is Right. I just love this thing, but I won't pick it up til next Wed afternoon. I was able to get it with 48 miles and all the options for $28,900. I have read several threads here and am kinda worried about the rear end whine and safe mode problems. Oh well it isn't my daily driver so if it happens gues I will have to test the warranty.
I want to get a few miles on her so I can start adding Mods.
Terry

·
Registered
119 Posts
BLK GOAT said:
Well I just bought an 05 Black 6spd. I got it from my Toyota dealer that he got from the Price is Right. I just love this thing, but I won't pick it up til next Wed afternoon. I was able to get it with 48 miles and all the options for $28,900. I have read several threads here and am kinda worried about the rear end whine and safe mode problems. Oh well it isn't my daily driver so if it happens gues I will have to test the warranty.
Terry
Welcome!

I too, just picked up an 05 Black/Red 6-speed, with 7 miles on her. (Almost identical price too, BTW!)

IF you allow for several normal, warm up and cool down cycles (allowing the differential to reach operating temperature and cool down) you will be LESS likely to have the characteristic "whine" which is associated with DRIVING THE PISS OUT OF HER from day one.

People should (key word...SHOULD!) allow for the surfaces to wear in properly.

However, given the age of most GTO buyers, they (as I would if I were them)
are driving the piss out of them right away.

Just my .02

Gramps........... :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
BLK GOAT said:
Terry
:cheers congrad on the new goat and welcome but i do belive you will have the saftey mode problem. me thinks every one have that problem. mine stared around 7000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
vnamvet said:
Whats the "Safety Mode" issue?
for the most part it is the issue with the pedal sensor. they tell me it will have to be replaced. some in the forum said his was changed 2 times along with the emc( what ever that is). maybe i should do a poll to see how many of us have this problem. Mine go off when i start the car and put it in drive. Then i found a way to get rid of it (most of the time neway) i park, turn the car off, pull the key out, lock the door w/key fob, wait 10-30 sec, unlock the door w/fob, and crank it up. the safety mode is gone but my engine light will stay on. I need feed back. how do you all get rid of safety mode?

·
Registered
937 Posts
vnamvet said:
Welcome!

I too, just picked up an 05 Black/Red 6-speed, with 7 miles on her. (Almost identical price too, BTW!)

IF you allow for several normal, warm up and cool down cycles (allowing the differential to reach operating temperature and cool down) you will be LESS likely to have the characteristic "whine" which is associated with DRIVING THE PISS OUT OF HER from day one.

People should (key word...SHOULD!) allow for the surfaces to wear in properly.

However, given the age of most GTO buyers, they (as I would if I were them)
are driving the piss out of them right away.

Just my .02

Gramps........... :lol:
You damn right!!!!!!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.