Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
They sure would look better with me driving that car. I'm not only a GTOForum member, but also a Pontiac model -my rugged good looks make any Pontiac look better. Christmas is just around the corner. How about signing over that title to me as a good-will Christmas stocking stuffer??????

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Nice choice Chui, they look like a modern version of the Hurst wheel to me. They certainly dress up that 'ol Lemans!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. The real _ _ _ _ kicker is that not one person here will guess what I paid for this car.
Any wild guess? anyone?
All matching numbers, all original, perfect interior

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe but I still dont see any number. By the way no competition here just figure share that with you guys.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know what. You win. 30 years ago I was 11 years old without a driver license driving my grandpas Datsun 510 in Puerto Rico. lol. Time flies huh?
I actually paid 5K for the car believe it or not. I am very proud of such decision.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
You did well my friend. Factor in inflation and I think you got a better deal than Geetee. Well.....his is a GTO. ......

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
No doubt. Inflation adjusted, mine would be about 4k in 2014 dollars. But mine was not nearly as nice. Just an original, very tired '67 GTO. At 5k for chui's ride, he paid between 30 and 50% of it's actual value. A steal, for sure. Well done!!! As a side note, the absolute best deal on an early GTO was a '65 that a friend of mine picked up in 1994. It was a Mariner Turqoise/turqoise interior '65 hardtop with a speed and a 3.55 posi. All there, running, driving, all original except for a '67 400 under the hood. Car had faded paint, but was straight, rust free, and had its original black plates. A car of this caliber in '94 was normally about 4k. The owner wanted $700, and my buddy talked him down to $400. We drove it home. He kept it and drove it for the next ten years...a super tight and solid car. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know we have departed from the actual topic on this thread however we all look at the past and what future will bring and it is nearly far from what yesterdays cars used to be. Every time I go to local shows, parades (puerto rican parade jersey city), events, etc., people tend to look at new cars such as lambos, ferraris, etc,. but the minute a classic car or muscle car shows up, the whole crowed rotates our way. amazing huh? With that said I am sure that most of us agree on one thing. Price paid does not overcome joy and pride while on the road and people roll down windows screaming: what year is that! Are you gonna paint it? very nice dude! etc, etc, etc. Funny :thumbsup:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Exactly. You get it. These cars need to be out there, on the road, being driven and used as cars. 100 times better seeing an old car rolling down the road than in some museum. And, the joy of it never gets old. Believe me on that one!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally back tires arrived. They look quite big. I am not sure about this but I hope it works. 275/40/17. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got all wheels installed. After doing some proper research and reading some comments here I decided to go with the following:
235/45/17 front
245/50/17 rear

1 - 20 of 24 Posts