Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little while back I lost one of my keys to the car. I don't drive the car hardly at tall and today I pick up the other key and notice the trunk button has completely busted through. I'm going to buy a new case from Gm because it's about $80 bucks and swap the guts. Is their anything I can do with the new old case and new components to at least program the remote to lock and unlock with out paying the dealership.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Don't quite understand the question, but if you just need a case:

Uncut New Smart Remote Keyless Key Fob Replacement Case Shell for GM Pontiac GTO | eBay

$80.00 for a case only, is robbery.

Replacing the case shouldn't need any programming. If it does, you SOL.
You can't reprogram a used key.
If needed, you can get a NEW replacement fob and program it as per HP's link.
A new fob from the dealer should be around the $80.00 price. OR:

2004 2006 Pontiac GTO Remote Control Transmitter Key Fob New 92123129 | eBay

Larry

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Also, I've had my remote act up and not function correctly. I put it in the ignition and pushed the buttons a few times and removed it. It
then, works correctly.

Larry

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
You can't program the remote without being able to put it in the ignition and turn it to the different positions. Have the key cut by a locksmith and use the procedure linked above to program the remote.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
A locksmith that has the capability/equipment to cut center cut keys can do it. I've had them done by a locksmith. I spend very little time at the dealership with any vehicle once the factory warranty has expired.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
You can buy replacement rubber button covers on eBay and not even have to take the FOB apart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts