Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share my build with you guys as it 4 am and I'm pulling a all Nighter to get the tranny and engine swap done

I was recently medical separated from the military for a deployment injury. I'm 26 and always been a huge car guy. Had a pro street 64 in high school, anout 7 mustangs, a sting ray and viper gts. But due to a divorce the viper had to go so when I got out I went on the hunt and found a 64 in Compton

It had a 301... Tb400 and gm 12 bolt. Not interior and bad paint. But for 2500 what the hell.

So far I've painted the car myself re did the inside. I found a 400 out of a 69 bird that had just had a fresh rebuild with a msd atomic efi system amd th400 with a gearvendors for 2000 bucks

My dad have me the eheads and custom 2" headers.

So here I am now still got to get the timing dialed in. I found a Lincoln mark VIII of Craigslist and hooked that bad boy up!

Next up his the brakes and suspension but I'm a broke college kid now so that won't be for a while but I've only had the car a month

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for your service to our country.

Nice build. Really like that color choice set off by those rims -has that 60's Super Stock look if that was what you were after. Glad you got a Pontiac back in it because its just the "right thing" to do.:thumbsup: Keep us posted and let us know how it goes, especially your opinion on the GearVenders OD.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Nice work, Mike, love me a '64! And from one Navy man to another, Happy Veteran's Day and thanks for your service.

Scott
USS-Dyess, '77-'80

1 - 4 of 4 Posts