Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need some guidance. My dad bought this car back in 1977 and enjoyed it until our family grew. Mom and dad bought a Ford station wagon and parked tge goat. The car has been Barned, and then later left outside while sort of tarped up. I took my son over to kill wasps and clean it off. My goal is to work with my son and my dad to get it cleaned up and running again. I'll post pictures later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hello

Welcome !!

please please take the family picture by the car before you start cleaning or move it

dusty dirty family pics of the car with the family before the start are always a one time shot youlle be glad you took..

and always some of the dearest .... I wish I had more with my dad ....

take lots and lots of pictures ... some wont seem needed till later ... everybody take pictures along the journey ....

I look forward to your new adventure as a '69 GTO owner also

Scott T

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to go up to our cabin and find some of the pictures when we first drove it. I was 7 years old and my sister was 2 and we would drive it up to the cabin to cut Christmas trees. I don't know how many pictures we have of the car back when it was in good shape. I did drag out the GoPro as we started to clean off the body and kill wasps as they flew out from underneath. Still haven't figured out how to open the hood. The latch doesn't seem to work and I'm afraid something might be rusted shut inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the GTO forum !

'69's are my favorite, since a '69 RA3 was my first Pontiac, & has turned out to be the only new car I've ever bought.

Good luck with your project !

And, I agree that you should take all the pics you can. I don't know why, but I don't have one single pic of my car, while it was still on the street. I only have pics of it, beginning in late '72 & '73, after I'd taken it off the street and made a strip-only car out of it.

I've looked online to find pics of cars that look like mine. Not many online pics of silver RA3 '69's. But, I did find a very few. The first pic below is real close to how my car looked, except I just ordered mine with plain wheels & poverty caps. Took the caps off before I left the dealer, & gave 'em to the salesman. I hated the looks of those things. The 2nd pic is my car, in '73, with tow bar hooked to it, and street legal hard rubber M&H tires on the rear. Slicks weren't allowed. Forum guys love pics. So, please do share lots of pics with us.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts