Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just picked up a new '06 GTO yesterday and decided to join up here. It's a 6-speed, Quicksilver Metallic one w/the 18" wheel package. This is my first-ever GTO after owning 5 Camaros and 3 Firebirds.

I was heavily looking at the new Mustang GT's, but I could not find a dealer willing to cut me a break on price, their 0% promotion didn't apply to Mustangs, and neither did my "supplier discount"...so I then started looking at and test-driving GTO's. Once I decided I wanted one, it was then time for the search...I wanted a 6-speed one w/the 18" wheels, and a search on Pontiac's website showed me 3 in the area that met my criteria. So I emailed all 3 dealers to see what price they'd give me and if in fact the cars were still available.

One of the 3 were sold, so I was left with a choice of the Quicksilver Metallic one or the Impulse Blue one. I then emailed both dealers back and told them that I was going to buy one or the other, and it was all coming down to price. In the end, Norhtland Pontiac in Rockford gave me the best price and offered me the most for my trade, so I pulled the trigger and bought the car yesterday.

It took me awhile to get used to the clutch/shifter, but man I am having a blast driviing this car. I am only sorry that I am going to have to park it come winter time.

Anyways, I look forward to being a member here and learning new things about these wonderful yet overlooked cars.

Dean

Oh, btw...if one of you can shrink that picture down to avatar size so I could use it, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats on the goat!

I imagine he may want to park it because of the terrible roads and road salt/dirt in the winters. I used to live in MI, and the roads are terrible--then again being in NJ I'd imagine you see some of the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Tias is - Maria and I just ordered my new plates.... so if you see a "MEA TOY" plates you'll know it's me.

I bought my new 06 GTO - Manual-6 - Phantom Black and loving it. Been taking off from those stop lights and leaving everyone... waiting also for the ticket to follow...lol.

Anyway LOVE THE CAR. I wan't sure at first, but like everything I read said - you'll love it from the inside out and now I love the whole car.

I'll tell you one thing that bothers me still - this is 2006 and I still have guys that still don't believe a girl can drive a stick.... get over it. I'm not trying to be a guy by no means..... I am all girl - just love the speed and the shifting and the SOUND this car makes.... love it! love it, love it and loving it.

Even the stock exhaust is sweat... I'm looking to installing flowmasters on it with cross-overs and a few other changes... not to much... maybe more speeddddddddddd! lol!

Well hope you enjoy your car, as much as I'm enjoying mine!

If you thinking about getting one - get it....it's a blast!:party:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome! Nice color! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.