Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just joined the forum and the exclusive club of GTO ownership. On Thursday I picked up an 06 IBM with blue, 6M, and 18" rims. The car awesome and a definite step up from my 98 Monte Carlo Z-34. I don't think that I have ever been happier then I am right now. :willy:

I am going to do some minor work to it; full exhaust, intake, throttle body (?), and maybe some computer work. I already ordered the skip shift elimator and the full line of Zaino car care products. I can see this car costing me a decent bit of change.

I already had some dumb 17 year old kid pull up next to me while I was waiting at a traffic light and give me the "thumbs down". He was driving a last generation red mustang GT convertible. I just politely reminded him that his car has a 4.6L "V-8" with 280 hp, and that he can talk trash to me when he grows up and buys a real man's car. That definitely shut him up real quick. Dumb kids. Here's a picture of my new baby.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and grats on the Goat!

:party:

quantim0 said:
On Thursday I picked up an 06 IBM with blue, 6M, and 18" rims.
Nice combo! :cool (glances at sig)

The car awesome and a definite step up from my 98 Monte Carlo Z-34. I don't think that I have ever been happier then I am right now. :willy:
Yes, the GTO will be quite a change from the Monte Carlo. I think the two are about the same size, and I think they were geared for a similar (not same) market, but they come off very different in execution.

I already had some dumb 17 year old kid pull up next to me while I was waiting at a traffic light and give me the "thumbs down". He was driving a last generation red mustang GT convertible. I just politely reminded him that his car has a 4.6L "V-8" with 280 hp, and that he can talk trash to me when he grows up and buys a real man's car. That definitely shut him up real quick. Dumb kids. Here's a picture of my new baby.
Way to show him :) Thumbs down..that's what you expect more from a Civic with an oversized wing and a shopping list on the door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
quantim0 said:
I already had some dumb 17 year old kid pull up next to me while I was waiting at a traffic light and give me the "thumbs down". He was driving a last generation red mustang GT convertible. I just politely reminded him that his car has a 4.6L "V-8" with 280 hp, and that he can talk trash to me when he grows up and buys a real man's car.
actually the last gen only had 260hp.

"real mans car" why cause it weighs 500lbs more then that gen mustang? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
quantim0 said:
Hey, I'd trade 500 lbs for 140 hp, 1.4L, 6 speeds, and a car that every girl on the block doesn't have. haha
I guess you forgot the GTO cost $10,000 more. HP is a lot easyer to add then weight it to remove. ;)

don't want this to turn into an arguement in his thread so pm me if you want to talk about this further.

edit: oh i didn't realize its your thread lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
MustangRacer said:
I guess you forgot the GTO cost $10,000 more. HP is a lot easyer to add then weight it to remove. ;)
I'd like to know where you can buy a brand new, equivalently equiped Mustang GT for $10,000 less than the GTO, without one-offs/oddities like hail damaged cars, assuming a trade in but only on one, friend works at dealership, or some other such thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always been a Chevy guy, so you'll never convince me that the Mustang is a cool car. I don't think all Mustang owners are idiots, just this one and ones like him. I would join up with a Mustang owner long before I did with an import driver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im not trying to convice anyone the mustang is a cool car. The popularity of the car do that for me.

I was just responding to the dumbass remark of one car being a "real mans car" when they are both equally capable cars.

Clueless said:
I'd like to know where you can buy a brand new, equivalently equiped Mustang GT for $10,000 less than the GTO, without one-offs/oddities like hail damaged cars, assuming a trade in but only on one, friend works at dealership, or some other such thing.
sorry i was talking the last gen mustang not the current.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stock last gen Mustang is nothing close to the GTO. You can turn the Mustang into a real fast car. However, his car is stock and the GTO does everything better. I was just being mean to this ignorant kid, I don't really want to be mean to other normal Mustang owners. I just stated the story as it happened. If you don't like it, sorry.

·
Registered
491 Posts
MustangRacer said:
I guess you forgot the GTO cost $10,000 more.
It's called quality, options and not cutting corners. :eek:

Oh, and I paid only $28k for my '05 GTO, new in '05...my brother paid over $27k for his '02 GT (Premium and Mach 1000) in '02 :eek:

...and doesn't the '03 and '04 Cobra cost more than the new GTO, weigh about the same and perform about the same? :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome, Quantim0!

I picked up my '06 just about a month ago, too. Phantom Black on black, with red gauges, 18", and a M6.

I know you'll enjoy it! I sure as hell do! :party:

Jim Miller

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the last 5 days I have seen 2 other GTO's, which I didn't really expect. However I did see around 20 new Mustangs. I love the fact that the GTO isn't a car that you see everywhere and most people aren't aware of its capabilities. Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

·
Registered
172 Posts
quantim0 said:
I already had some dumb 17 year old kid pull up next to me while I was waiting at a traffic light and give me the "thumbs down".

People just like to trash talk. Just laugh it off because of the facts. Because the reality is, the GTO looks fine. The GTO outclasses the Mustang in every regard , and an opinion regarding appearance or styling is subjective.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.