Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would introduce myself and ask a question that has been nagging me for the past week. I brought my 04 GTO home on Tuesday the 28th of February and have been loving every minute of it. My only gripe is with the stereo which cuts out at moderate to high volumes.

Now, I read in a previous post that this is a safety feature built into the amplifier which cuts power when the amp reaches a certain temperature. I have fiddled with the controls a bit and ended up turning off the preset equalizer so that I could adjust bass and treble myself. The amp shutoff occurs less frequently now but it still does occur and I would like to know if there is any way I could possibly turn this feature off?

I was thinkin that since the car has been stored winters that dust might be building up in the heatsinks of the amp. Is the amp behind the seats in that weird trunk protrusion that seems to be hallow?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Left rear in your trunk. Pull back the cloth and you'll see it. Try adjusting it. Theres a thread here on this site about how to properly adjust it. Helped mine out alot. Good luck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
On startup press the mode button, scroll down and you will see an audio section turn off the automatic distortion control and will solve your problem

Goto your trunk and turn te Gain up on your amp
then tweak the sound on the radios equalizer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.