Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and ladies I am new to this forum.
Well anyways I went to the Pontiac dealership yesterday and test drove one of the new 06s and I was impressed the car is a beast. The car got up to 130mph in what seemed like a second or two:cheers . I was a little skeptical of the interior and the stock sound system though but the performance of the engine and the pretty color of the car put that behind me.
I 'll tell you why I went to test drive the goat. I had been reading and hearing about it from advertisements on tv. So I read up on it in a few magazines and I became intrested and all this while owning an 05 mustang gt I know, I know cut me some slack. Lately it seems I am seeing at least 10-15 of the latest mustangs every few days it has worn on me. I have done a few mods to the 197 like the intake and a tune, bbs wheel and tire upgrades as well as the exhaust system, and 4.10 gears but still I do not think that I want a car that everyone has. I rarely see a gto around here and thats a good thing. I have began to think why not switch to something more powerful and that is least likely to be seen everyday. So off I went Sat morning to my local pontiac dealer. We are very close to getting the deal done. We are a few dollars off on what I wanted to spend but I have a gut feeling they have given in they called me about 4 times after I had left the lot. My color of choice is the brazen orange which they don't have but said they could order from another local dealer. The 2nd color is the spice red which is what I test drove. So hopefully by the middle of the week at the latest I will have the LS2 engine in the garage. I'll let you guys know what happens:seeya:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
EGSteve said:
Hello guys and ladies I am new to this forum.
Well anyways I went to the Pontiac dealership yesterday and test drove one of the new 06s and I was impressed the car is a beast. The car got up to 130mph in what seemed like a second or two:cheers . I was a little skeptical of the interior and the stock sound system though but the performance of the engine and the pretty color of the car put that behind me.
I 'll tell you why I went to test drive the goat. I had been reading and hearing about it from advertisements on tv. So I read up on it in a few magazines and I became intrested and all this while owning an 05 mustang gt I know, I know cut me some slack. Lately it seems I am seeing at least 10-15 of the latest mustangs every few days it has worn on me. I have done a few mods to the 197 like the intake and a tune, bbs wheel and tire upgrades as well as the exhaust system, and 4.10 gears but still I do not think that I want a car that everyone has. I rarely see a gto around here and thats a good thing. I have began to think why not switch to something more powerful and that is least likely to be seen everyday. So off I went Sat morning to my local pontiac dealer. We are very close to getting the deal done. We are a few dollars off on what I wanted to spend but I have a gut feeling they have given in they called me about 4 times after I had left the lot. My color of choice is the brazen orange which they don't have but said they could order from another local dealer. The 2nd color is the spice red which is what I test drove. So hopefully by the middle of the week at the latest I will have the LS2 engine in the garage. I'll let you guys know what happens:seeya:

The dealer let you take this car out and run it at 130mph? Most cannot even get a test drive without prodding let alone "really" test it. good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes the salesmen took me out and HE got the car up to 130 mph and some change. I usually like to break a new car in slowly myself. We'll see what happens though as far as the sale goes. The sales foreman that I had dealt with Saturday has Sundays off. I'm also leaning more towards that brazen orange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.