Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello, I picked up my 06 M6 spice red GTO on Tuesday and am in love with this car!. I am already a member of the Corvette forum, so found this place real quick.
Only problem I have is that I have already managed to take a chip (very small) out of one of the front wheels (18") , New York roads arent the best, but this was because the city was putting in new drains and left a 4" trench in the road with no plates or warnings! Ouch.
Anyone know what new wheel 18" from Pontiac will run me???

Nick

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to be a welder in Aust and repaired wheels all the time. I don't know what its worth but speak to a tyre center or a place that sells lots of rims and ask about repairs. Weld, machine and coat (if necessary).

I'm not to sure on the price here in the US, espically NY/Long Island as mechanics labor rate is the same as a CEO:eek: , another thing i'm struggling to understand here! but it is an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I have found some AZA wheels I like..........and a set of 4 is only $700...a new wheel from the dealer is $571. I am filing a claim against the city...so I may just buy some aftermarket ones and keep the originals to oneside.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.