Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pass on the ebay junk. Your first mod should be custom tune on a dyno, and cai. You could pass for a while on the catback and just replace your mufflers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well you could get a custom tune for around $300 and get a legitimate 20rwhp easy, the gto's pcm is so sensitive with its iat readings and torque management, that combined with its already rigid af ratio, custom a dyno tune is almost a must.:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just posted this yesterday in another thread, but be sure to check for these things:

CHECK FOR RAIL DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car usually needs to be clayed to get it off. A VERY common problem with fresh Goats (not to mention over-inflated tires and spring spacers being left in).

Those problems have to do with shipping prep, etc (besides the rail dust of course).

Turn the DDL setting OFF on the radio and adjust the bass gain on the factory amp if you'd like. Makes the Blausuckt MUCH MUCH better than stock stetting.

Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know of a place in Houston that does custom tunes for $300?

After reading through this forum, adjusting the DDL and amp gain was the first thing that I did. It was a big difference especially with the bazooka that came with my GTO in the trunk. Thanks to all who posted this tip.

What tire pressure should I have in my tires? I believe I read somewhere that some people lower the tire pressure on the stock tires to improve launch traction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
MTI, is in Houston, they can do custom tuning. Your stock tire pressure should be between 35-40psi. They should be able to do a good job tuning your car for you.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nemisis said:
MTI, is in Houston, they can do custom tuning. Your stock tire pressure should be between 35-40psi. They should be able to do a good job tuning your car for you.
Depends on whether you have the Bridgestones (18") or BFG's (17"). Jamb it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.