Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening GTO family!
I’m a new member who recently purchased a GTO to restore for my father. Nice to virtually meet you all! My dad had a 1970 GTO w/ a 455 & I figured it was time to do something nice for him as hes always had my back along w/ my younger brothers. I was lucky enough to find a great project car that was in my price range but it needs alot of work & a motor. I was curious to see if anyone knew of a good engine builder they could recommend & maybe sharing where they would start. Its a documented 455 but was hoping to change its original colors from Vedero Green / Green Interior to Aoli blue w/ a black interior. I was also hoping to put a 6speed in it & was curious to see if it would be a big mistake. Any insight anyone could share would be greatky appreciated, I did restore a ‘66 Mustang & still have it but this probably going to need more work.
Thanks & safe travels,
Will
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Wood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paint it whatever colors your father likes but please keep a Pontiac motor in it🥲
Thanks - I’m putting a Pontiac motor in it gor sure. I’ve already turned down a Buick 455 even though I’d call it a cousin to a Pontiac. Would it be a sin to put a 6 speed in it? Even if done well? Ty again for the Len Williams lead, thats the #1 choice right now.
Will

·
Registered
1967 Lemans 1967 GTO parts car
721 Posts
I agree paint color should be what you like. For me it would a single stage paint , I do like base/clear with metal flake. As far as the 6 speed goes , that is my plan as well.3and 5 spd make me feel like there is something missing, It requires transmission tunnel modification. With my automatic console I will have some work to get it to lay right. If you read Amys TKX 5spd install he has his coming up through that type of console.

·
Registered
1967 Lemans 1967 GTO parts car
721 Posts
Thanks - I’m putting a Pontiac motor in it gor sure. I’ve already turned down a Buick 455 even though I’d call it a cousin to a Pontiac. Would it be a sin to put a 6 speed in it? Even if done well? Ty again for the Len Williams lead, thats the #1 choice right now.
Will
Definately agree with Len Williams I am probably a year out for me, My 389 that has been cobbled together should give me a few good years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts