Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new member (don't own a GTO now) with a question I've had for years. In 1968 I bought a 1968 GTO off the showroom floor in Denver, Colorado while I was stationed there in the Air Force. I stupidly traded it for a '72 Tempest because the Goat didn't have air conditioning and I was being stationed in Kansas City, Mo.

Anyway, I have never seen another GTO like it and I have been looking since 1968. My car was a pale yellow with a white bucket seats and select-shift auto. (It was freakishly fast, however, it had lousy brakes.)

Is there any place that I can find how many GTOs were produced by color and interior?

Oh, that beautiful GTO that I owned... I learned that the lot boy bought it and a week later wrapped it around a telephone pole!

Thanks in advance for any info you all could provide.

radarfxr

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hey Man...I don't know the answer to your question, but there are bunch of Classic experts that I am sure will chime in.
Welcome to the Herd...:cheers

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
I don't understand why in this day and age, they can't take all those microfiche cards they use to document vin #s and convert them to digital info so all this stuff could be searched. You could search by any criteria, color, engine options, tire options and find out how many were made with whatever options. The info is right there on the microfiche.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well they dont do that cause what is in it for them, and it could potentially lower the value of a lot of muscle cars. like the car we are talking about what if he still had it and he thinks it was one of a kind. it is worth a lot. but if he searched and found out that there are actually 400 or so made it would drastically drop the value. and thats not far fetch cause they made how many thousand GTO's? it is just chance that they did make four hundred of each option combo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Member with GTO question

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I wish I still had that car. I've just been wondering all these years why I just never have seen another GTO like it. I've seen a lot of other classics and collectables where that kind of info is available. Well, maybe I'll find out some day. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts