Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have been admiring your site here for awhile and decided to join and maybe get some questions of mine answered. Maybe by my nickname here you can see i own a Z16 Z06 of course its an 04 model. I am looking into the GTO and im impressed they are coming out with the new version in 05. Would i be happier waiting on the 05 instead of jumping on a deal like i see some of you are getting on the 04's? Also i love my six speed in the Z but im thinking of automatic in the GTO. ive read the threads of back and forth answers for both trannys. So i can see its a personal decision.

I do like the hood scoops on the 05 because im an older guy and i remember the old days. the GOAT.

Hey you want to know what my first brand new car was. Its was a Pontiac and i loved her. Ever heard of the 1977 Pontiac Can Am? Yep i bought one brand new.. had the red interior and i owned her for 5 years and i had a blast in it. Yeah she was a big car but had the TA motor and it was such a different car it turned heads back then. So im coming back to Pontiac after so many years.. been since 1982 when i sold my Can Am.

Okay thanks if you can help me out here >> i hope to buy a very nice YELLOW MELLOW would be my first choice.. I call it yellow mellow on the vette so its just me saying that. But i dont know what my second choice of color would be. Do you guys know what interior colors you can get with the YELLOW GTO?

thanks Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I guess it all depends on what you want as far as looks...if you've got the money to blow, you can make all the performance mods and appearance mods cheaper than you could buying the 05, if you're getting a good deal on the 04 i'd say save your money and get the 04
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
you get black interior with yellow, i realy like the red interior, i think it makes the car, more people have commented on my interior than anything else, the gto is very stealthy and thats the reason i bought the car, its my daily driver and i didnt want the attention, so i got the silver and the red interior adds some needed style. :cheers you could get an awsome deal on a 04 auto right now probally less than 24,000 and that is a bargan for such a nice car. good luck!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flht3 said:
you get black interior with yellow, i realy like the red interior, i think it makes the car, more people have commented on my interior than anything else, the gto is very stealthy and thats the reason i bought the car, its my daily driver and i didnt want the attention, so i got the silver and the red interior adds some needed style. :cheers you could get an awsome deal on a 04 auto right now probally less than 24,000 and that is a bargan for such a nice car. good luck!!

Thanks to both of you for your help and comments.

Can you please tell me what dealership that is thats giving the price of 24 grand or less on the 04's? and what colors they have in stock?

Thanks.. Im looking forward to joining the Pontiac gang.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
go to www.gmbuypower.com and play. there are a ton of yellow autos here in the ny metro area. the sticks are almost gone by me. i picked up my silver/black manual yesterday. very stealthy indeed.

guess you liked the ad with the can am and the gto mirroring it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom said:
go to www.gmbuypower.com and play. there are a ton of yellow autos here in the ny metro area. the sticks are almost gone by me. i picked up my silver/black manual yesterday. very stealthy indeed.

guess you liked the ad with the can am and the gto mirroring it.

Hey, If your talking about that ad with my Can Am and the GOAT in the background back in 1976 and 1977 YEAH i did and still have that ad, i still have my window sticker too... but the ad in 1976/1977>> says Remember the GOAT?... lol.. really does say that... wow i keep everything.

Okay i have gone to that gmbuypower and it looks like the 5500 bucks off for Texas, i just wonder if any more incentives are out there, like for awhile GM was saying if you own a GM already they would give you certain more amount of money off a new car. I mean how is that one guy on here getting down to 24 grand on his 04? i want that, DARN! id buy tomorrow.. hey if anyone is looking for the 6 speeds we have plenty in texas.. looks like a bunch of red ones at that.

Okay Tom now answer this since you just bought a GTO and you understand about Corvettes and standard shifts. If you were me would you consider the automatic? I think your the one who said the six speed doesnt have the dead pedal on the new goat?? does the automatic? i need to go drive both i know and will this week. but i do get tired of shifting gears in the city. but seems like the resale is higher on the six speed. SO many descisions... lol..

thanks again.. Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
i'm from indiana, and i got mine for less than 23 grand after i threw the pitch to them that the 05's would be out soon and no one is going to buy the 04's knowing what the 05's have in store
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
if you payed less than 23,000 outright, you my friend, got the best deal i have ever heard of.... congradulation!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
lambertgoat said:
i'm from indiana, and i got mine for less than 23 grand after i threw the pitch to them that the 05's would be out soon and no one is going to buy the 04's knowing what the 05's have in store
Did you get that deal back in September?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top