Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. I bought a 2004 Barbados Blue automatic GTO on September 4. I love it! Great car!

I have 2 questions:

Anybody else have an exhaust leak?

I've heard changing the oil is difficult?

Thanks for your time and help.

·
Registered
590 Posts
welcome !

no exhaust leak on mine, nor have i read any others.

oil change is easy ! the GTO's come with a steel skid plate protecting the oil pan. 4 bolts and it comes right off. little heavy, but nothing major.

SLP, www.slponline.com is offering a replacement skid plate, more like a steel frame instead of solid plate, that allows oil / filter changes without removal. it also drops a few pounds, for everyone watching their weight :D

enjoy :party

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an exhaust leak. Once i'm warmed up, I can hear the steady tick, tick tick coming from the rear of the car at idle. Not really annoying with the windows up. I'll have the dealer look at it when I take it in for replacement of some scratched interior trim when that comes in.

·
Registered
590 Posts
SFLGOAT said:
I have an exhaust leak. Once i'm warmed up, I can hear the steady tick, tick tick coming from the rear of the car at idle. Not really annoying with the windows up. I'll have the dealer look at it when I take it in for replacement of some scratched interior trim when that comes in.
I know some (maybe all?) mufflers have a small hole drilled in them for drainage of condensation moisture, wonder if......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts