Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wanted to say howdy to all the members. I just purchased my new '04 GTO last night and can't believe how nice this car is. I currently own an '03 F150 Lightning and an '04 Mustang GT convertible. Look forward to lots of great discussions on HP improvements and so forth. I also notice that my GTO has the electronics gremlin. While in a parking lot my speedo shot up to 200 MPH and while driving to work this morning it was reading 140 MPH. The digital readout showed 67 MPH. So, I guess it'll be off to the service dept. right off the bat.

Anyway, looking forward to joining the party here at GTO Forum. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm currious what the last 6 digits of your VIN number is? I'm interesting in seeing if there is a correlation with when the cars are produced and this problem. The last 500 04 models are the pulse red and as an example have a VIN that ends in 311915. I planning on buying a Blue one tomorrow with a VIN of 297520. People have suggested grounding problems, electronic interference from cell phones, or software (need a new prom).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xman said:
I'm currious what the last 6 digits of your VIN number is? I'm interesting in seeing if there is a correlation with when the cars are produced and this problem. The last 500 04 models are the pulse red and as an example have a VIN that ends in 311915. I planning on buying a Blue one tomorrow with a VIN of 297520. People have suggested grounding problems, electronic interference from cell phones, or software (need a new prom).
Hey X, no problem. Last 6 are 304339. My problem went away as mysteriously as it came. Each time I drove the car yesterday the speedo came a little bit closer to 0 when at a stop. By the time I left for home, the speedo was working fine. Everything worked just perfect on my ride in to work today.

I do know that my problem wasn't related to a cell phone, because I didn't have one turned on in the car when the speedo was acting up.

Good luck with your purchase. :cheers

G

·
0 Posts
I just got mine a week ago...what a nice car! It works well for me not only am I an owner but I work for a dealership in the parts department. I've got the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I also had the wierd speedo stuff for about two days but have not seen it for the last two months. I guess it goes away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts