Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd take a minute and introduce myself. I looked for a thread for new members to post and I could not find one, so here goes.

I bought my GTO on 9/29/2004 after hubby totaled my Buick. My gift to myself!!! Its silver, drove several others, a black auto and I did like it but the dealership acted like they did not want to sell me the car. I'm 41f and I think they thought I was just window shopping(their loss).

I love the 6 speed, it's so much fun running thru the gears. I do drive my car daily only have 3 mile commute to work and as of today I only have 1,250 miles on the car.

I have spent the last 2 days reading the boards to see if I could find an answer to a very simple question and I did not even find a mention of this problem so here goes.

I spent the afternoon yesterday cleaning on my GOAT so that she looks really sharp for the weekend and when I try to clean the back inside windshield, it seems as if there is some kind of chemical on the window. It always seems to smear and the more I spray windex on the towels and try to clean it off, the more it smears, especially in the corners, and it is really hard to get down to the bottom of the window, I quess my hands are to big( I have small hands). Does any one have any suggestions? Hubby is a little peaved at me since I don't let him drive her, and will not offer any suggestions, (he's a Ford Tech, btw).

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just a suggestion as I haven't tried to clean the back inside windshield...try newspapers instead of towels. I know this will not leave any smear marks however if there truly is a chemical on the glass, good luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The best thing I have found to clean the inside glass ( and outside as well ) Is a product called "Invisable Glass". You can find it at Wally World or most good auto parts stores. It has a different chemical base than the typical WINDEX type window cleaners and does not streak as easily.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome!!! I'm so glad to see another female here! I haven't had the same problem with the glass streaking so can't offer any help. Just wanted to say "hey". BTW... my experience was very similar in buying my goat. They acted like they didn't want to even talk to me. That is, until the test drive and I started spouting off all kinds of info about the goat, as well as some of its competition...the RX8 in particular. I had done my homework and was making an informed choice. Then when they talked financing and I informed them I already had that part arranged, they finally started to take me seriously. Glad your here and hope to see a bunch of posts from you!!! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome. Yeah the dealership had problems with detailing the rear window inside. It was like you said, there was like a chemical that was smearing. I’m not sure what it was. But my buying experience was great, I too am a female but I’m only 20. We have bought 6 vehicles from the dealership and they know me pretty well so it was easy. My salesman knows that usually when I "window" shop I buy. I bought mine Oct. 30 and got hit on Nov 11. So know I’m waiting till sometime after Christmas to get her back... but it's not like I could drive her for a long period of time anyway with the pain I’m in and the meds I’m taking... but anyway did anyone have anything on their speaker grills, there were spots all over mine. Maybe it was just mine. Good luck and happy holidays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I noticed the spots on the speaker covers yesterday, not but a couple white spots, I did not mess with the covers on the back speakers, I was gonna have someone look at that for me. Did they replace the covers for you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I spent some time cleaning the inside of my windows when I got my GTO too. I had used the RAIN-X cleaning wipes for glass before, and they took the smeary stuff off the inside of my windows. You might have good luck with them too. BTW- if there's alot of rain where you live, like there is here in Oregon, you might like the RAIN-X window washing fluid. It basically reapplies RAIN-X every time you use the washers on your windshield, which is much more convenient than using the stuff in the bottle.

Max

·
Registered
71 Posts
stormie said:
I noticed the spots on the speaker covers yesterday, not but a couple white spots, I did not mess with the covers on the back speakers, I was gonna have someone look at that for me. Did they replace the covers for you?
yeah they said they would order them... but who knows if they did. when i get her back i'll remind them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.