Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in a new Mustang GT, it definately had an exhaust, who knows what other mods, wouldn't leave me alone today. I drove the Vette today to work and was out to lunch and this tool was harrasing me. I had my boss with me and he asked if my car would keep up with one of those. I asked if he'd like to find out and he gave me the go ahead.

I played with him a couple times to let him know I was taking the bait. We got to a traffic light and traffic was light enough, only one car behind us and a clear shot ahead for at least a 1/4 mile to the next traffic light.

He cheated on the light by about a car and a half. By the top of 1st we were almost equal. I walked him through second and shut it down.

At the next light he wound his window down. He said he missed his 1-2 and wanted a rematch. I obliged the request. I knew he was going to go early. Not wanting to cheat I let him launch 1st again, but it was much closer. By the top of 1st I had him by almost a car and I just walked him in 2nd again, I had almost 3 cars on him and shut down.

At the next light, he asked if I sprayed. My boss looked at me like ???????. I told him he was asking if I used nitrous. My boss looked at the guy and said, I thought those things were fast, either they're not, or your not too good a driver.

He tore away from the light, I just laughed and turned left at the next break in the road to KFC.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won`t be long and your boss is gunna have a Vette with lots of mods too. :D
My car is a bone stock 96 LT4 6M. Doesn't take mods to beat a stock Mustang. LOL

He's just not a Vette type of a guy. He's a typical banker, at least IMO. He makes decent money and drives a 1996 Grand Am with 160,000 miles and his wife has a 1999 Caravan that is fairly basic and has just under 100,000. He just doesn't care about cars or spend money on them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My car is a bone stock 96 LT4 6M. Doesn't take mods to beat a stock Mustang. LOL

He's just not a Vette type of a guy. He's a typical banker, at least IMO. He makes decent money and drives a 1996 Grand Am with 160,000 miles and his wife has a 1999 Caravan that is fairly basic and has just under 100,000. He just doesn't care about cars or spend money on them.
Interesting point! The bankers I have known with sports cars keep them in the garage until the weekend and then go to another community to drive. Bankers are afraid that people will think they make too much money if they drive a nice car to work?? Who are they trying to kid?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I regularly get harrassed by other performance vehicles and it's most often by mustangs :eek:. My car is sort of well known in my area because the track is close and it's getting to be quite fast (still waiting on race tune). I don't street race however, and just accept that some mustang owners are going to be young, pimply, and willing to write speed checks, their mustangs cannot cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts