Pontiac GTO Forum banner

New Owner 1970 GTO

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  PontiacJim 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I’m normally on the Chevelle forums, but I purchased a 1970 GTO last month! It’s a pepper green, black vinyl top, green interior, AC car.

Here’s the specs
400 engine
4 speed trans
Posi traction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Very Nice! It's nice to welcome another Chevy ex-pat (like me) into the Pontiac fold. I've only had mine abut a month too. How do you like yours?

Larry

Love the color!

The GTO rides pretty similar to my Chevelle, but I’m loving the big block torque! Everything is all stock, which is nice for a change.

Here’s a picture of my Chevelle

I’m also fixing up a 66 El Camino to sell, too:

#4 ·
69Chvll: "The GTO rides pretty similar to my Chevelle, but I’m loving the big block torque! Everything is all stock, which is nice for a change."

PJ: You are talking about the Chevelle engine, right? Pontiac does not have a big block or small block, just one size - bore & strokes, and main journal sizes are different.

#9 ·
69Chvll: "The GTO rides pretty similar to my Chevelle, but I’m loving the big block torque! Everything is all stock, which is nice for a change."

PJ: You are talking about the Chevelle engine, right? Pontiac does not have a big block or small block, just one size - bore & strokes, and main journal sizes are different.

That is fascinating! I never knew that! I always assumed they had big blocks and small blocks like Chevy. Well, the 400 has excellent torque, which makes a very comfortable ride. My Chevelle has a 406 SBC that screams to 7k RPM. Lots of top end power!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.