Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

3 years ago I first signed up on this forum asking for advise before looking at a 71 GTO... needless to say that deal did not work out, and the couple replies I got from this forum were incredibility helpfull.

3 years and 3 days later, I finally pulled the trigger. 1969 GTO, liberty Blue, and numbers matching. She's not a garage queen, but definitely nice enough to be proud of and not too nice to drive.

Just wanted to make a quick hello, and thank the community for providing such extensive information for a long time lurker to sift through and learn.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a quality car cover? I figure that's the first purchase I should make :)

GTO.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Nice looking car! Congratulations.

There are covers and there are covers. My 69 wears one from Covercraft. They make several different types: indoor, outdoor, etc. I got one of their indoor covers that provides some 'bump' protection. I like mine.

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I have a couple from California Covers. Excellent product, great fit, but hard to wash due to size and really not needed....I use a California Duster once a week and I'm good to go. Car covers used outside usually cause more harm than good, so that it not recommended. Keep your car inside and all will be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise, I hadnt considered that they could just cause more harm than they prevent.

If I decide to go with a cover I will definitely look into the little added bump protection. Will check those out. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts