Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like kid again. After months and months of druling over the GTO I finally pulled the trigger on a 05. I got a black 6 speed, 18" wheels, and red interior.

I cannot believe this thing is going to be in my garage in two days!!!! :cheers I can't wait to drive this thing! :party:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Checklist

Check for the card with all of the security codes.

Make sure they have removed the spring spacers.

You should get two ignition keys and two glove box keys.

There should be an introductory CD either in the glove box or loaded in the CD player.

If you think you are going to do your own service work, ask them to save the seat covers for you.

You should get a box of parts that has the front license plate holder and the floor mat pins (plastic stubby things)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I never got anything with the radio code... I better go back to the dealer and hope they have it!!

Or is it set to a default number from the factory? I guess I could look in the owners manual, lol.

By the way.. Congrats on the new Goat!!! I'm always making excuses to drive mine, even with gas as high as it is!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the security codes for?
What are the spring spacers for?

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Check your tire pressures -- and make sure the floor mat anchor posts aren't busted.
yes check your tires mine was at 60+ psi at delevery and i did not found out til 5,000 miles and they did not check it at my 3000 mile service(btw they were to check it but did not). :willy: and my mat anchors are already busted i need new ones. help please

·
Registered
584 Posts
rippinbyu said:
What are the security codes for?
What are the spring spacers for?
for the security codes they're for your stereo if someone steels it (like anyone would cause it sucks) they wont be able to use it without the security code or if you were to do some work under your hood and had to disconnect your battery you would need it because after you're with everything the radio will not work without it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Grey-Goat said:
I never got anything with the radio code... I better go back to the dealer and hope they have it!!

Or is it set to a default number from the factory? I guess I could look in the owners manual, lol.

By the way.. Congrats on the new Goat!!! I'm always making excuses to drive mine, even with gas as high as it is!!

My security card was tucked into one of the flaps in the owners manual case/cover. You might check there.

Cheers!

·
Registered
937 Posts
707GTOLS2 said:
for the security codes they're for your stereo if someone steels it (like anyone would cause it sucks) they wont be able to use it without the security code or if you were to do some work under your hood and had to disconnect your battery you would need it because after you're with everything the radio will not work without it
Why does it suck?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wizard Of Iz said:
Check for the card with all of the security codes.

Make sure they have removed the spring spacers.

You should get two ignition keys and two glove box keys.

There should be an introductory CD either in the glove box or loaded in the CD player.

If you think you are going to do your own service work, ask them to save the seat covers for you.

You should get a box of parts that has the front license plate holder and the floor mat pins (plastic stubby things)
Any idea what the spring spacers are for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
584 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Why does it suck?
I donno because im a car audio guy and used to hearing cleaner highs and clean bass and besides the delco radio in my moms 1988 chevy nova sounded cleaner and louder than the blaupunkt

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picked it up yesterday...this thing is all around outstanding. No car can touch the performance and value for this thing. After driving this thing I don't know why I even looked at a G35 or Mustang.

:cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.