Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am not really new around here, but wanted to let everybody know I finally got a new 06 GTO/MN6. It is Torrid Red w/ Black interior. I did have to get rid of my 99 C5 for it. Even though I do miss my vette, I really love the GTO. It is the best blend of muscle and comfort. And as an added bonus, my wife loves it. Hmmmmmm... That may be a bad thing actually:willy:

Anyways, I just wanted to howdy to the GTO gang:seeya:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome to the herd. 1500+ on my Black/Black M6, and I still love it more each time I drive it. I agree with you about the best blend of muscle and comfort. One of my biggest fears was that I would get this thing and not be able to drive more than a couple hours in it. Ha...I'd drive all day if I could.

Gerry

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats on the Goat. Wait a month and you should find you like the car even more. :)

That's cool that your wife likes it. Just watch out, as there is evidence from these forums that spouses--even those who seemed uninterested prepurchase--will steal your Goat from you.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Clueless said:
Grats on the Goat. Wait a month and you should find you like the car even more. :)

That's cool that your wife likes it. Just watch out, as there is evidence from these forums that spouses--even those who seemed uninterested prepurchase--will steal your Goat from you.
All my manuals have been, um, well, let's just say less power than this car. After an amazlying short time and still driving my Bonnie to work most of the time, this car has almost become an extension of my body. In normal driving, it has become effortless to drive.

If I had to complain about anything, it would be the speed limits. This thing does 90-100 while yawning. I think of a lane change, and I'm there.

Highway vigalantes and left-laners that used to upset me are now respecfully and safely left to say, "what the f**k was that?". Cut me off, box me in? I don't think so.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO would love to have this thing out on the Autobahn!!! I drove a SAAB 9000 Turbo in Germany, and would love to drive this thing with no limits, along with people on the road who RESPECT others.

Gerry

·
Registered
455 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
If I had to complain about anything, it would be the speed limits. This thing does 90-100 while yawning. I think of a lane change, and I'm there.
Yep, you got that right. Sometimes I feel that my Goat is like a dog kept in a small enclosure or a bird in a cage--it never really gets a chance to stretch its legs.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Clueless said:
Yep, you got that right. Sometimes I feel that my Goat is like a dog kept in a small enclosure or a bird in a cage--it never really gets a chance to stretch its legs.
I'm headed to Mt. Vernon, IL tomorrow for a BBQ competition, and I will have some nice stretches to open her up a bit with the Passport on watch. I'd imagine 120 would be what 85-90 is in my Bonnie...feelin' just right.

If anyone in Central/Southern IL is looking for a reason to drive, I'll be at the Washington Monument at Mt. Vernon, IL...cooking ribs for my BBQ team. I will have my new Goat there, and we are the "Carbondale Pork District" BBQ team. Stop on by, have a brew and some Q on me. Ask for ShoddyHog.

http://www.southernillinois.com/bbqinfo.htm

Gerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.