Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought mine yesterday evening (06 Black/black) - been shopping for a while but had difficulty convincng She Who Must be Obeyed that it was a car worth buying . (e.g. "What, more than 30K for a Pontiac?")

Then she drove one. I was expecting a grudging "It's OK and you can have one if you really want"...I was wrong - she came back with the biggest grin I have ever seen.

Picked it up last night - paid 29K +TTL after applicable discounts and got better money from my trade than I expected, but of course not as much as I had hoped.

This morning she drove it to work. I think this might not be "my" car any longer...

Funny thing is I think that experience was part the trouble GM had selling the cars in the first place. Once you get someone to drive it the car pretty much sells itself - it's getting them behind the wheel in the first place that seems to be the trouble.
:D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Mad_Dan_Eccles said:
Just bought mine yesterday evening (06 Black/black) - been shopping for a while but had difficulty convincng She Who Must be Obeyed that it was a car worth buying . (e.g. "What, more than 30K for a Pontiac?")

Then she drove one. I was expecting a grudging "It's OK and you can have one if you really want"...I was wrong - she came back with the biggest grin I have ever seen.

Picked it up last night - paid 29K +TTL after applicable discounts and got better money from my trade than I expected, but of course not as much as I had hoped.

This morning she drove it to work. I think this might not be "my" car any longer...

Funny thing is I think that experience was part the trouble GM had selling the cars in the first place. Once you get someone to drive it the car pretty much sells itself - it's getting them behind the wheel in the first place that seems to be the trouble.
:D

Welcome to the herd. You/She will not be disappointed with that vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I'm new to the 'family' too. I've had mine for less than a month now and was actually out shopping for the charger srt8 and my son convinced me to test drive the GTO...the rest is history. Awesome car!

·
Registered
455 Posts
dakim said:
Yeah, I'm new to the 'family' too. I've had mine for less than a month now and was actually out shopping for the charger srt8 and my son convinced me to test drive the GTO...the rest is history. Awesome car!
Grats, and welcome to the herd. You saved some money over the Charger too, I'm sure. It seems the SRT8 is getting hit with some dealer markup in some areas. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanx Goatgirl. I just checked out your gallery and yours appears to be a great color as well. I almost went with black but have had so many black cars it was time for a change. I'm very satisfied with what I bought...it gets alot of 'looks'.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's right clueless. I figured for what the asking $ was for the srt8, 9K for 25 more horsepower was an EZ decision. In addition, I'm glad the Dodge salesman was useless and lazy. I should have driven the GTO into the Dodge dealership and asked him to come outside and check out my new ride!:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had mine for less than a month now and was actually out shopping for the charger srt8 .

That's another car I looked at - more as a sanity check than as a likely contender. Both it and the Mustang failed on one key point - the interior quality. In the case of the Charger the slightly retro muscle car feel extended to the quality and feel of the dash - there such a thing as being too retro (wearing purple polyester flares for example).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome the GTO ownership experience.
Same issue her with the wife only she did 'steal' it from me. She has agreed without the need for the courts to get involved to let me have custody on the weekends. I always thought the dealership should sponsor a test drive at the track or somewhere and invite people to attend. No better way to sell a GTO than to drive one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.