Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a blue 2004 MT goat today. What a great car! Great power, good ride comfort, nice handling, and a really classy interior. I'm really impressed by the flexibility of the ls1 engine around town, and the exhaust note is awesome (I've only owned 4 bangers until today). You guys probably see these kinds of posts all the time, but I'm pretty darn excited about the new ride

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Congrats! It's good to see another fellow 2004 owner! Mine is by far the best car I have owned.(And I've had 15 cars so far!) This is a great forum to be at. You can learn a lot about your car and chat with good people, too. If you get a chance, post some pics!:cheers :party:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reno'sGoat said:
Congrats and welcome. I'm guessing it was a used one? Not many if any new 04's around. Good luck and enjoy your car.:party:
It's used, 14k miles, but the car looks brand new! I can't get over the fact that for a few grand less than a new hot compact (srt4, civic si), I have a stylish RWD coupe with more power than I'll likely ever need.

G

·
Barry Lyndon said:
I bought a blue 2004 MT goat today. What a great car! Great power, good ride comfort, nice handling, and a really classy interior. I'm really impressed by the flexibility of the ls1 engine around town, and the exhaust note is awesome (I've only owned 4 bangers until today). You guys probably see these kinds of posts all the time, but I'm pretty darn excited about the new ride
Excellent purchase, welcome to the site, and when your ready for mods, we have dealers, vendors, and guru's on this site to help you out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey!! welcome to the boards, i am somewhat "newer" and also have an 2004 model. I have had v8's before though. however going from a GT mustang to a cobra to a GTO is 3 HUGE jumps up. And i have finally found the car to stick with. I KNOW you will love your car to. BTW, if you have any questions about your car or mods, i know BIG MIKE will help you. If he can't answer your question, there is no answer!:party:

Take Care and enjoy

Blake

Everybody have a wonderful christmas!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome! You WILL enjoy this car, trust me. Few things to check for since it's brand spanking new:

Shipping issues:
1) Check to see the tires are inflated to the correct pressure. They pump them up for the boat and train ride.
2) Some dealers have failed to take the spring spacers out of the springs once the car is delivered!
3) RAIL DUST. Once car is clean, brush your fingers (backside) gently over the hood, roof, etc. If it's rough, you very well may have raildust from the train. The only solution is to have the car clayed....something the dealer shoud pay for.

Stereo options:
1) A lot of people perfer to have the DDL setting on the car shut "off." Do a search on here or read the owners manual to see how to do this.
2) The stereo output can be boosted by up'ing the gain on the amp in the trunk. Again, a search should help you out.

Have fun and burn some rubber.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Pennsylvania Goat said:
Welcome! You WILL enjoy this car, trust me. Few things to check for since it's brand spanking new:

Shipping issues:
1) Check to see the tires are inflated to the correct pressure. They pump them up for the boat and train ride.
2) Some dealers have failed to take the spring spacers out of the springs once the car is delivered!
3) RAIL DUST. Once car is clean, brush your fingers (backside) gently over the hood, roof, etc. If it's rough, you very well may have raildust from the train. The only solution is to have the car clayed....something the dealer shoud pay for.

Stereo options:
1) A lot of people perfer to have the DDL setting on the car shut "off." Do a search on here or read the owners manual to see how to do this.
2) The stereo output can be boosted by up'ing the gain on the amp in the trunk. Again, a search should help you out.

Have fun and burn some rubber.

:cheers

Also see if you can find the security card in there anywhere. It is about the size of a insurance card and has VITAL information about your car like the key code and VIN Block info.

Welcome to the herd. You are one of the few in the country to have a new GOAT!!!!

:party: :party: :party: :party:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.