Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Thanks for hving this forum to check things out. I am a NOOB when it comes to the GTO world, but I am Very big in my world of Audi's. Just loking to make a change and pick up and 05 GTO in Red with the matching interior. I test drove the car tonight and loved the power, but man how do you guys deal with that shifter. I guess I'm used to my super short shifter in my A4. It just took forever to get into gears in the GTO. I imagine that there are short kits out there, yet I have not found one yet. Any info you guys can give me about what I should expect with this car would be great. I am going through the archives now and trying to fid out as much as possible. So far the price I have gotten is 30K for the car. That is without sitting down to make a deal. The internet manager told me this today.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, is the only way to disable the DRL's by pulling that relay/fuse? I read that it makes and error light come up on the dash during the day. I really dislike DRL's in cars.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, yes that will be one of the first mods I will do for the car. I was also looking into doing HID's aswell. I have 2 sets of bulbs and ballasts from the Audi that I had taken out. Just have to find out the Low beam size of the GTO. Also, I have not been able to find any clear front bumper side markers for it. I am not a fan of the orange. I guess I just need to worry about getting the car first. Thanks again

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the deal I have right now is 29.7K for the car. 05 Red on red GTO. This sounds good right?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
LIVEVIL said:
So the deal I have right now is 29.7K for the car. 05 Red on red GTO. This sounds good right?
That sounds pretty good. I paid $31.2K for mine in March. Of course this is the end of the model year. So, discounts are to be expected.

At that price, there isn't another car being sold in this country that can approach the overall performance/quality/value of the GTO.

As for the shifter, you are correct. The factory unit is not the slickest gear selector I have ever used. But then again, this isn't a 4 cyl honda with low torque. The heavy shifter feel may be related to the beefy transmission needed to handle the torque/power of the LS2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.