Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through numerous posts and have seen references to a "How to" section, however, I am unable to find it on this site. Could someone point me in the right direction? In addition, what are some of the popular sites to view and order parts for my LS2?

Thanks.
 
G

·
We dont have a How To section, YET, but 05GTO is working on it. He is the site administrator, also goes by Randy.

As for who to order from, depends on what you want. We have two top sellers though

Tom Byrne - TByrne
Steve - GTODEALER
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Hi,

I am also a New Owner / New Member. Just chiming in to say hi to all. I have been reading the board today and it looks like some great folks here!

A month ago I traded in my 1996 Mustang GT (hissssss yea, I know!). It was a decent car but that darn plastic intake manifold did me in. I had one blow about 6 years ago and replaced under factory recall. The replacement was now cracked so time for it to go. I am very impressed with my new GTO and look forward to lots of fun with it. In 1996 the ford was the best bang for your buck, now the GTO is!

The only complaint I have thus far other than the obvious, long throw, small trunk, 1-4 fuel saving (I already bought the skip shift eliminator from gofastperformance.com) is the darn BF Goodrich tires. They are a 400 treadwear. That sux! Why do you put a hard Z rated tire on this goat! Shame on you Pontiac! They simply will not stick to the road...however, this is a solvable problems...burn a little of this hard rubber off and get a REAL set of tires...I ought to be able to do that by the time my LS2 gets broken in well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Hey Big Mike,

1st get rid of the 1-4 craziness, 2nd I will add K&N Air Filters (any suggestions from anyone on how effective filters are on the Goat? On the Mustang they messed with the computer settings a little to make it run a little rough although more HP), 3rd Tinted windows with black leather interior in the hot Georgia sun are a must. 4th, I am considering the rally front grill modification.

What other mods would people suggest?
 
G

·
most modify in a particular order.

first - skip shift eliminator
second - cold air kit
third - catback exhaust
fourth - tuning

After that, you should be around 350-360 at the tires. From there you can go with longtube headers, a small cam, or get serious with a head/cam package, nitrous, blowers, turbo kit, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed. I have no problems with the shifter (230 miles so far), though it took some getting used to at first. It seems the stock shifter is setup so 1 through 4 are the race gears which fall into place easily and 5 and 6 are for economy which require a "slide right" and select.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
I am at 1000 miles. I find myself 1,2,4,6 'ing it when getting on the interstate. I guess I watch that avg gas mileage suck downward too much when I work through the gears. I also got used to the long throws and don't mind it, however, a short shifter sure would be sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Russ2005 said:
Hi,

I am also a New Owner / New Member. Just chiming in to say hi to all. I have been reading the board today and it looks like some great folks here!

A month ago I traded in my 1996 Mustang GT (hissssss yea, I know!). It was a decent car but that darn plastic intake manifold did me in. I had one blow about 6 years ago and replaced under factory recall. The replacement was now cracked so time for it to go. I am very impressed with my new GTO and look forward to lots of fun with it. In 1996 the ford was the best bang for your buck, now the GTO is!

The only complaint I have thus far other than the obvious, long throw, small trunk, 1-4 fuel saving (I already bought the skip shift eliminator from gofastperformance.com) is the darn BF Goodrich tires. They are a 400 treadwear. That sux! Why do you put a hard Z rated tire on this goat! Shame on you Pontiac! They simply will not stick to the road...however, this is a solvable problems...burn a little of this hard rubber off and get a REAL set of tires...I ought to be able to do that by the time my LS2 gets broken in well.
One of the first things I did was junk the stock tires. Went with the new Goodyear F1's. Best tire I've ever ran on.

JET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
edysinger said:
Agreed. I have no problems with the shifter (230 miles so far), though it took some getting used to at first. It seems the stock shifter is setup so 1 through 4 are the race gears which fall into place easily and 5 and 6 are for economy which require a "slide right" and select.
I have 2800 miles on my '05 so far with the stock shifter and I like the long throw and find it easy to bang thru the gears..no accidental 5th gear selection when going for 3rd.
I installed a SLP short throw in my Z-28 M6 and hate it, the shift stroke is short but there is no spring bias to go into 5th & 6th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
big_mike said:
As for who to order from, depends on what you want. We have two top sellers though

Tom Byrne - TByrne
Steve - GTODEALER
Thanks, Big Mike, but I've been to TByrne's site and not impressed with all the "Email for Pricing". All I want to do is price comparision and I don't really want to submit my information personal information (i.e. get put on a distribution) with an email.

I wondered if there were more sites that were more shopper friendly.
 
G

·
Tom does not do that. the only thing you submit is a question of "hey tom, whats the price for the whatchamacalit?" Or, you can always call. That way you dont give up ANY personal information. And if your worried about caller ID, then press *67 before calling. It blocks your number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
big_mike said:
Tom does not do that. the only thing you submit is a question of "hey tom, whats the price for the whatchamacalit?" Or, you can always call. That way you dont give up ANY personal information. And if your worried about caller ID, then press *67 before calling. It blocks your number.

Understood and I appreciate you standing up the site. However, before you label me as overly paranoid, I hope you would understand there are many sites that have similar means of "call for pricing" when their intent is to get personal info and make money off not only their product but selling your information to mass marketers.
 
G

·
I figured that is what you were referring to. Some people have bad experiences and I feel it my duty to stick up for the good ones, and warn you of the bad ones.

No harm was meant, implied, or designated. I would do the same for GTODEALER who is also a vendor. But neither one will ever distribute personal info to anyone else.

You got my word on that!
 
G

·
welcome to the forum... anyhow this is not really a simple question.. cus you have started the hell chain wich cannot be broken LOL.... big_mike will answer your question about 50 times all in different languages.. as well as about 2-4 posts from everyone else... :willy: :party: ... LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
big_mike said:
I figured that is what you were referring to. Some people have bad experiences and I feel it my duty to stick up for the good ones, and warn you of the bad ones.

No harm was meant, implied, or designated. I would do the same for GTODEALER who is also a vendor. But neither one will ever distribute personal info to anyone else.

You got my word on that!
None taken, though I liked the previous avatar girl better. :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top