Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I recently picked up a bone stock, one owner garaged 2005 (red w/ red leather, stick) and loving it so far. Will not be a daily driver and will not be raced or tracked, but I'm impressed with the power and the ride and general comfort. I have read a few things bytching about the handling but I travel some decently curvy and hilly backroads and I think it's great.

Immediate concerns:

Car only came with one key, so I'm curious the best way of getting a spare? Obviously no Pontiac dealers around....
And the exhaust- Good Lord it's QUIET! Way too quiet for 400 HP, so need to upgrade that. Full systems sure are pricey, looks like anywhere from $650 for stuff I've never heard of (but look nice) to over $1,000 for Borla and MagnaFlow, both of which I have on other vehicles and have been really happy with. Nearly 10% of the cost of the car seems kinda up there.....
What do people here like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings, I recently picked up a bone stock, one owner garaged 2005 (red w/ red leather, stick) and loving it so far. Will not be a daily driver and will not be raced or tracked, but I'm impressed with the power and the ride and general comfort. I have read a few things bytching about the handling but I travel some decently curvy and hilly backroads and I think it's great.

Immediate concerns:

Car only came with one key, so I'm curious the best way of getting a spare? Obviously no Pontiac dealers around....
And the exhaust- Good Lord it's QUIET! Way too quiet for 400 HP, so need to upgrade that. Full systems sure are pricey, looks like anywhere from $650 for stuff I've never heard of (but look nice) to over $1,000 for Borla and MagnaFlow, both of which I have on other vehicles and have been really happy with. Nearly 10% of the cost of the car seems kinda up there.....
What do people here like?
I recently bought a red 06. Went through the same thoughts with the exhaust. I ended up just spending 250$ at a muffler shop to delete the mufflers. I chose to keep the factory resonator thinking it will sound cleaner with it. Sounds a lot better than I thought it would. I’d recommend it. My only worry is when I find a shop to install headers, that it will be too loud. Will probably thro on some mufflers and an xpipe at that point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up getting Borla for the GTO. Found a deal on eBay for brand new in box, but "open box", saved me 400 ish bucks so I am happy. Sounds much better, but honestly STILL could be louder. I had the "ATAK" Borla system on a Mustang GT and THAT was loud :D
The GTO system seem more touring inspired. Still better than stock.
As for stock muffler delete, I am on board there- I have a Chrysler 300C Hemi that is straight piped duals and that car is loud, hehe. I think it sounds great but my wife feels differently. Take that with a grain of salt though because her car is electric so makes NO noise LOL.
Other little things I did - got all the dings removed, that was not cheap, and got the windows lightly tinted.

20191114_123435.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
i need your help I want to get a 1966 Pontiac GTO classic for myself I did not use this car before I'm getting it for very little money its engine has a slight error you can tell me it's okay to take the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i need your help I want to get a 1966 Pontiac GTO classic for myself I did not use this car before I'm getting it for very little money its engine has a slight error you can tell me it's okay to take the car?
Well let's see- that would depend on many factors not in evidence------- What condition is the rest of the car in (body, interior, brakes, suspension), how serious is the engine problem, why are they selling cheap, can you work on mechanical stuff yourself, how much are you getting it for, etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well let's see- that would depend on many factors not in evidence------- What condition is the rest of the car in (body, interior, brakes, suspension), how serious is the engine problem, why are they selling cheap, can you work on mechanical stuff yourself, how much are you getting it for, etc.
Whose car they don't drive, have not driven a car in a long time I got this car from the towing service company in $2,400

·
Registered
16 Posts
and I don't know the car's work I'll make it from the company

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
That link in your post for a towing company and the fact that you are asking about a 66 GTO in the 2004-2006 section and you stacked it on an existing thread that has nothing to do with what you are asking makes it look like you are trolling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts