Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to the GTOforum and to the GTO world!! I bought the 1970 Pontiac GTO from a family friend last year. he lives overseas, so he exported the GTO to the state to restore it two years ago.I think he lost interest last year, and that's when I got the chance to buy it. I decoded the vin and cowl build plate it shows the original color is Atoll Blue not orbit orange. also there's a b next to the 28 of paint color I believe from me reading online is for a black top. I will attach pictures for your input :) I just ordered the PHS documents yesterday to learn more about the car and see if shes a judge or not lol the cowl plate have a lot of extra information that I can't decode

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot got the interior pictures :) I have't clean the car sorry it's dirty. the starter was damaged, so I changed it with the plugs and he car cranked smooth. Also I found out my transmission filler tube and kickdown cable were damaged, so I I changed them with trans filter. the carb started flooding after i fixed the other issue. the floater were damaged , so I just rebuild it this week. can't wait

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
coolllll!

Looks like University of Tennessee Volunteer Orange! Drive it up to Tennessee during a football weekend, they will put you at the head of the Parade!

super looking car and will be fun to drine no doubt.....Congrats.

PS watch out for those Gator fans, if they start giving you the stink eye, now you will know why!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coolllll!

Looks like University of Tennessee Volunteer Orange! Drive it up to Tennessee during a football weekend, they will put you at the head of the Parade!

super looking car and will be fun to drine no doubt.....Congrats.

PS watch out for those Gator fans, if they start giving you the stink eye, now you will know why!
loooooo thank you man!! I am gonna change the color back to factory one day, but I gotta get the drive-train running good first :)

I am not worried about the Gators haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts