Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 04 GTO A4 about 2 weeks ago and i have a question. i have been reading up on this forum for about the same time and it seems like a lot of folks here have been playing with the predator or the HP. now, my question is, does this void the warranty? or can you just upload your stock tune prior to sending your car to the dealer? is there a way for the dealer to know that the stock tune has been altered?

thx

Brimm

·
Registered
37 Posts
you would have to unload the Predator or HPP tune and re-load your stock settings prior to a trip to the dealer; their OBDII scanners would detect alterations almost instantly...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just curious - are Pontiac dealers really this picky? (Picking up a GTO next week.) I've been taking modded 'vettes to my dealer for several years - I just remind my service writer that I have an non-stock program loaded, and please don't flash to the stock program without letting me know. It's never been a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sooo... i guess the answer is yes, the dealer can tell if someone has altered the stock program? and yes, this will void the warranty?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts