Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 05 for six weeks now and just hit the 1k mile mark this morning. I have a few questions maybe you kind folks can help me out with.

1. From day one I have noticed the steering to be extremely tight (wheel is hard to turn) especially when parking is this common amongst our vehicles ? I figured its from the wide tires.

2. In the morning only my brakes tend to squeak a little after warming up it goes away anyone else experience this ?

Thanks.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
lotaguts said:
I have my 05 for six weeks now and just hit the 1k mile mark this morning. I have a few questions maybe you kind folks can help me out with.

1. From day one I have noticed the steering to be extremely tight (wheel is hard to turn) especially when parking is this common amongst our vehicles ? I figured its from the wide tires.

2. In the morning only my brakes tend to squeak a little after warming up it goes away anyone else experience this ?

Thanks.....
Answer 1: Go hit the gym;)
Answer 2: Haven't noticed it on mine of course I've had mine 3wks and 2000 miles. Recommend you get her out more:cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ironmancan said:
Answer 1: Go hit the gym;)
Answer 2: Haven't noticed it on mine of course I've had mine 3wks and 2000 miles. Recommend you get her out more:cheers
:lol: goodone... got plenty of power in the bi's
I freaking cant drive her much work is only 5 miles roundtrip and I am always at work to pay for her :lol:

·
Registered
290 Posts
lotaguts said:
:lol: goodone... got plenty of power in the bi's
I freaking cant drive her much work is only 5 miles roundtrip and I am always at work to pay for her :lol:
I know the feeling. I live right next to my work and I have to deliberately take the car out. Sometimes I admire the people who have long commutes until I think about gas prices and heavy traffic. Then I like my drive alot more.:D Let us know about the brake squeel issue. I haven't heard that as a common problem.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am gonna get some more miles on her until I take it to the dealer for the brake squeak I figure let the pads/rotors get a little wear maybe it will go away. It only happens in the morning when the car is cold and its not very loud but you can tell its there. Even at lunch when I take her out it does not happen I am thinking the morning humidity makes a difference :confused

·
Registered
584 Posts
Haha I donno what it is Bro I've had mine since August of 05 and only have 3800miles on her
As you drive it more you wont notice the tight steering

Only time her breaks squeel is after a bath
after that they're quiet as hell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.