Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last time I ran the 1/4 before the 224R cam and JBA catted midpipes installed I ran a 12.9 @ 108. I installed the JBA catted mids and the 224R 114 lsa cam from Texas Speed with a tune from Steve Williams and here is my new best.

rt .455
60'....... 1.903
1/8...... 8.000
mph..... 90.47
1/4...... 12.346
mph...... 113.54

I am pretty happy! It did a little better than I thought it was going to do. It still has the stock converter and I have not touched the heads yet. I ran 4 times and every run was a [email protected] so it is very consistant. I ran down a Mitsubishi Lancer evo. He got a 1.78 60' and ran a 12.6 but I pulled up on him and got him by .3 seconds. And I beat a Viper but he could not drive and was running 14's and 15's. I lost to a rail that ran a [email protected] 186.23 LOL! I cant remember what the other car was but he ran a 10.0 sec 1/4. Lots of fun :cheers

·
Registered
444 Posts
re

awesome times for running shorties. You run better than others here with long tubes and other mods -----danfigg

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The car runs very well. I had a grin plastered on my face when I saw that 12.3 on the slip. I had to contain my joy so I wouldnt look like a retard. LOL! Shorties are great! I didnt want to deal with the possible clearance issues with the long tubes... plus they are obviously illegal. After a stall converter I should be looking at high 11's easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts