Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got i back yesterday after two weeks. They had it longer than I have!
Had the spoiler holes filled,rear emblem holes filled,front grilles painted satin black ,rear fenders rolled and they went ahead and reshot the front bumper while it was off due to some scratches on the bottom from road crap.
I also installed the Monaro sidelights,just have to wire them up now! :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Your car looks clean. I like it. Only thing I would suggest is since you eliminated the logo in the back, you should have completed it with a logo deletion in the from too. Nice mods... :cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LS2FAST said:
Your car looks clean. I like it. Only thing I would suggest is since you eliminated the logo in the back, you should have completed it with a logo deletion in the from too. Nice mods... :cheers
you but the dang bumper has a raised section where the emblem goes, still thinking about what to do there..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Old Coot said:
Love the dog. I have had four of those Huskys and I would love to pet her. I know she wouldn't bite. What's her name?
Thanks! She is actually an Alaskan Malamute not a husky,, they are larger and heavier boned and do not have blue eyes. She is 2 years old and weighs about 125lb.
Her name is Nakita. She is a sweetheart,she would lick you to death,LOL..
But you still wouldnt get her to give you her passenger seat.
:D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Love malamutes, great dogs. I know what you mean about the passenger seat lol, I have two dogs that are brothers; Chow and German Shepard mix - boy do they love both trying to squeeze into that seat.

Anyway, car looks absolutely awesome.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
That has gotta be what the original designer intended for the look of the car.
Very clean lines and classy look. I think the GTO would have sold better like this. The spoiler really degrades the looks of the tail but it doesn't hit home until you see the car without it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks.
I think no spoiler, slightly bigger,more aggresive grilles, a very small smooth front lip spoiler built into the front bumper and some very small and bulging but smooth fender lips would have been what would have really made the car look "tough" from factory. But what the hey,we will do what hot rodders have been doing for 100 years and do it ourselves! :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RiceEater said:
Love malamutes, great dogs. I know what you mean about the passenger seat lol, I have two dogs that are brothers; Chow and German Shepard mix - boy do they love both trying to squeeze into that seat.

Anyway, car looks absolutely awesome.
Thanks! Have your read the story of how Lucas came up with the charachter of "Chewbaca" ? Seems he had a malamute the loved riding shotgun in his car. People started calling it his hairy copilot. Thus chewie was born ,,if you listen to a lot of chewbacas speech its very similiar to the woowooing a malamute does. Lucas also used a Malamute in the beginning of the last Indiana Jones movie.. Lucases real malamute was named "Indiana" :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not all Huskys have blue eyes, some are brown, gold and a mixture of both. Our male had eyes like hers. Yes they have a great temperment and love to be with people. Take good care of her, she is a sweet heart. Mine also loves to ride. In our motorhome they love riding on the dash.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks!
I have a blue eyed male Husky as well but he is going on 19 this September and
I dont know how much longer he will be around.
He is a tough "old coot" though and has had a good life.
:)
Here he is at middle age, approx 15 in this pic.

and this link is him now..
A lot more grey hair but still smiling.
http://www.hotrodlincoln.org/kokoko.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.