Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am of 2 minds about these "recreations". On the one hand they are kind of cool, although prohibitively expensive. I saw one one time where they could build you one for like $75,000. That's Corvette or used XKR/Aston Martin Vantage territory. So if you were Jay Leno or had more money than sense and wanted something cool and unique for your garage then its nice.

On the other hand, I know that Pontiac is dead, and no matter how much plastic they put on it or how many Screaming Chickens they apply it will still just be a Camaro at the end of the day.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I don't care for that example but I really do like the "Judge" recreation in this months issue of HPP. It is pretty much completely revamped and the interior is sooooo cool with the 69 GTO interior pattern. :cool

Can I afford one? No...but I do like it and think it was tastefully done. ;)

Is it a "real" Pontiac...? No...but purists say they haven't made a "real" Pontiac since 1981 or something like that. :shutme

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i agree the judge is more tasteful, actually was on the road next to the conversion that looks like the 69 Trams am, that was not bad either. For 70K i could get a VERY nice 67' and a 70' to park next to it...:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would say if they made a Firebird or Trans Am that was $4,000 more than a standard Camaro, it might be worth it. But the cost is just excessive. I'll have to check out the Judge model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts