Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone knows the new REbate for GTO's; please post, especially if you know the west coast one? I called one dealer, and he said it usually ''flashes'' on their computer, and has not done so yet;;I hate to big him?? Appreciate all the help,,,getting closer to my OWN GTO!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Pontiac site is still showing the same rebates as last week so I imagine they would have to honor them until they pull them off their website. The amazing thing is the residual on the SmartBuy just plummetted like a stone today. I'm not sure what the residual on a 36 or 48 SmartBuy was but the 24 month was 20,900 with a finance rate of 4.5% as of Friday (and maybe yesterday, I didn't look). Today it's 16,200 with a finance rate of 8.5%!!! Holy Crap!!! :eek: My payment of $184 a month with $3000 down Friday would be $471 a month with the same $3000 down! Glad I got mine when I did. Still the same deals on a straight buy, maybe those will get better since residuals on SmartBuys have tanked?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like there is a GM loyalty bonus that starts today (1.4.05). It's an additional $1500 for a purchase or $750 for a lease.

Andy :cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
mcneil141 said:
Looks like there is a GM loyalty bonus that starts today (1.4.05). It's an additional $1500 for a purchase or $750 for a lease.

No addtional to it bud, you get either and ONLY $1500.00 off if you buy or if you lease ONLY $750.00 off the lease. NOTHING MORE.

NO MORE GM CARD FUNNY MONEY EITHER..

I waisted a long afternoon and evening and found out the hard way, but thats a long story too. After making my deal last night.

5500,3500, all that stuff is GONE GONE!!!

good luck pontiac lovers, im sticking with Chevys

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Z16,

You are probably right. The GM website still shows the 5500 disc. but the ending date shows 1-3-04. I pick up my Black/Red GTO tomorrow. They BETTER honor the rebate!

Z16Z06 said:
No addtional to it bud, you get either and ONLY $1500.00 off if you buy or if you lease ONLY $750.00 off the lease. NOTHING MORE.

NO MORE GM CARD FUNNY MONEY EITHER..

I waisted a long afternoon and evening and found out the hard way, but thats a long story too. After making my deal last night.

5500,3500, all that stuff is GONE GONE!!!

good luck pontiac lovers, im sticking with Chevys

·
Registered
102 Posts
In my wildest dreams I never thought I'd be buying a Pontiac if not for their extreme pricing during the last month of '04.

I must say that I'm very impressed with the build quality of these cars especially the interiors & the powerplants.

Last :seeya:

·
Registered
87 Posts
mcneil141 said:
Hi Z16,

You are probably right. The GM website still shows the 5500 disc. but the ending date shows 1-3-04. I pick up my Black/Red GTO tomorrow. They BETTER honor the rebate!

Not to worry if you already made a deal on Jan.3, or before.. i had a deal also on the table last night and it would have been honored today with the Jan.3 incentives.

So if you already made your deal before today (Jan.4,04) your cool and you will get your deal still. at least my deal was good today when i drove almost 100 miles to this dealership in texas.. Just something else happend on the funny money. but again thats a longer story.

So i say .. well i cant say it here.. i will stick with what i got and wish you GTO owners good luck with your nice cars.

see ya.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Z16Z06 said:
Not to worry if you already made a deal on Jan.3, or before.. i had a deal also on the table last night and it would have been honored today with the Jan.3 incentives.

So if you already made your deal before today (Jan.4,04) your cool and you will get your deal still. at least my deal was good today when i drove almost 100 miles to this dealership in texas.. Just something else happend on the funny money. but again thats a longer story.

So i say .. well i cant say it here.. i will stick with what i got and wish you GTO owners good luck with your nice cars.

see ya.
I was just emailed that the largest dealer in San Diego is deducting $6000 off all 04's(Includes 3500 rebate),,and if I have a gm car(I do) I get another 1500,plus 500 Car Show bonus as it is going on in San Diego,,,TIME TO BUYUYY

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well....

It doesn't make ALOT of sense to end the incentives (to me anyway). I still hope my dealer will add the loyalty rebate to my $5500!

Also, there are no more GTO's in my area. My car is being brought in from SC (I'm in NC) and my buddy's car (blue/black) is coming from VA (5 hours away!)

·
Registered
87 Posts
dctex99 said:
I was just emailed that the largest dealer in San Diego is deducting $6000 off all 04's(Includes 3500 rebate),,and if I have a gm car(I do) I get another 1500,plus 500 Car Show bonus as it is going on in San Diego,,,TIME TO BUYUYY

Yeah but is that 6grand off sticker or invoice? lots of dealers tryng to go back to sticker prices on negoitating.. after today tho im finished with my search for a GTO... as i said im sticking with CHEBY MAN!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
mcneil141 said:
Well....

It doesn't make ALOT of sense to end the incentives (to me anyway). I still hope my dealer will add the loyalty rebate to my $5500!

Also, there are no more GTO's in my area. My car is being brought in from SC (I'm in NC) and my buddy's car (blue/black) is coming from VA (5 hours away!)

Good luck at your dealership, but hey man i was right there today sitting at 24,500.00 and NOPE they wont include the 1500 today with the 5500.. its either OR. I wouldnt buy unless they came a couple more grand off since i already had another deal worked out that went thru the floorboard.

Let us all know what you got off the price. but really doubt they include the 1500 off with the old incentives.

Vette's forever!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I understand... I'm keeping my Z06. It's a great car.

Fortunately for me, I qualify for GMS, so I get a killer price plus incentives. The GTO is an awesome car, but a week ago, I never would have thought that I would be buying a Pontiac! I was considering a Mini Cooper S for MORE money! :eek:

Z16Z06 said:
Yeah but is that 6grand off sticker or invoice? lots of dealers tryng to go back to sticker prices on negoitating.. after today tho im finished with my search for a GTO... as i said im sticking with CHEBY MAN!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
mcneil141 said:
I understand... I'm keeping my Z06. It's a great car.

Fortunately for me, I qualify for GMS, so I get a killer price plus incentives. The GTO is an awesome car, but a week ago, I never would have thought that I would be buying a Pontiac! I was considering a Mini Cooper S for MORE money! :eek:
OH really the Mini Cooper S is more money?? how much? i like those cars and have never priced them. seen alot of them here in dallas on the streets.

glad your getting a great deal.. what color again you getting? and what type of discounts they got you set up for??

The drive i took today was out in hicksville.. these guys only got (8) 2004 goats the whole year.. they sell more pickup trucks and that sort of thing being in the country. but this 04 goat is silver/black guts, A4 with some aftermarket forged wheels on it. I seen a red tag sale in the car with 35grand on it and then they had it marked down again to 27grand. so they were dealing with me starting at 30grand (thats a bit cheaper i believe than invoice) and then taking the 5500 off. got it to 24,500.00.....IF i wanted the 18" forged wheels that were on it they were 1800 more.., but i wasnt worried about that because i hadnt even tackled them on the wheels yet.. i would have gotten them cheaper. But wouldnt you think these guys have had this silver goat since last JUNE... yes folks since last JUNE. TIME TO MOVE THIS CAR!
I really look to get another call tomorrow from them.. they seen my excellent credit, they seen i was a serious buyer.. i told the salesguy lets deal it on down, but they seemed to be stuck on the 24,500.. no certs available anywhere right now but they think they will get some more by the end of the week.

Bet i get a call, BUT it better be a better price. I mean comon sitting on the lot going on 8 months???????? wouldnt you think they need to sell it??

WOW whats wrong with people now days? they were very nice and NO pressure at all.. no sales pitch, no BS.

good luck again man!!~

·
Registered
12 Posts
Z16Z06 said:
OH really the Mini Cooper S is more money?? how much? i like those cars and have never priced them. seen alot of them here in dallas on the streets.

glad your getting a great deal.. what color again you getting? and what type of discounts they got you set up for??

The drive i took today was out in hicksville.. these guys only got (8) 2004 goats the whole year.. they sell more pickup trucks and that sort of thing being in the country. but this 04 goat is silver/black guts, A4 with some aftermarket forged wheels on it. I seen a red tag sale in the car with 35grand on it and then they had it marked down again to 27grand. so they were dealing with me starting at 30grand (thats a bit cheaper i believe than invoice) and then taking the 5500 off. got it to 24,500.00.....IF i wanted the 18" forged wheels that were on it they were 1800 more.., but i wasnt worried about that because i hadnt even tackled them on the wheels yet.. i would have gotten them cheaper. But wouldnt you think these guys have had this silver goat since last JUNE... yes folks since last JUNE. TIME TO MOVE THIS CAR!
I really look to get another call tomorrow from them.. they seen my excellent credit, they seen i was a serious buyer.. i told the salesguy lets deal it on down, but they seemed to be stuck on the 24,500.. no certs available anywhere right now but they think they will get some more by the end of the week.

Bet i get a call, BUT it better be a better price. I mean comon sitting on the lot going on 8 months???????? wouldnt you think they need to sell it??

WOW whats wrong with people now days? they were very nice and NO pressure at all.. no sales pitch, no BS.

good luck again man!!~
Let me start from the top...

The Cooper S starts at 19,xxx but good luck finding one without many options. Most cars are 23-25,000. Additionally, the dealers will not negotiate below the sticker price; some try to get OVER sticker. Ha.

I qualify for GMS. My price (I hope I don't get in trouble for typing this) is 29829. I also get the $5500. I can get the car for $24329 plus tti. If I had a GM card, I could use that, too. I hadn't considered the GTO before; I simply thought it was out of my price range. Anyway, this is WAY more car than the Cooper S. Different, too.

I can't wait to get mine!

Andy

BTW, my dealer is like yours, mostly they sell trucks. They have been great (so far) and have done everything possible to find me a car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
mcneil141 said:
Let me start from the top...

The Cooper S starts at 19,xxx but good luck finding one without many options. Most cars are 23-25,000. Additionally, the dealers will not negotiate below the sticker price; some try to get OVER sticker. Ha.

If I had a GM card, I could use that, too. I hadn't considered the GTO before; I simply thought it was out of my price range. Anyway, this is WAY more car than the Cooper S. Different, too.

I can't wait to get mine!

Andy

Sorry Andy about asking your pricing.. i think its cool tho many guys have done this and your not listing the dealership or anything personal. If you feel bad about it you can edit your post and take out the pricing.

WOW on the Mini Cooper's.. well your getting a good price there on your GTO, i was real close to you with my pricing today at 24,500.. i just had my hopes up for a better deal.

Long two weeks of disapointments and sorry dealerships.. but these guys i would buy from because of being GOOD OLE BOYS.. haha

·
Banned
98 Posts
Z16Z06 said:
That is marketing genius, raising 04 prices as they age and become less desireable. They will sell like hotcakes now!

·
Registered
161 Posts
mcneil141 said:
Well....

There are pleanty of 04 GTO's in NC. I live in a rural area of NC and the local dealer still has 3 on the lot. He is dealing too. The great deal is why I purchased my second goat just before Christmas. I also know of at least 4 more 04's within a 40 mile drive from my home.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.