Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I have seen this on a few other forums and figured why not say something. Why don't we have a members section dedicated to just ours individual cars? Think of it like a diary of our car, posting about our builds, adding pics, people can comment, ect....

Whatcha think?

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I've seen that too... good idea. I was also going to suggest a chat area, so's us members can BS about everything and nothing in realtime. :p

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
A draw back I see is....
There are a heck of a lot of new members coming and going. People post up pics this takes up considerable bandwidth thus slowing the site.

I watch new members come and go. So if all these new people come on post pics then leave the site or sell their car the pics remain and we all suffer from a slower site.

There is a place to post pics of your rides its in your profile in the gallery section. Under your avatar is a counter beside My Photos with how many pics you have. All one has to do is click it.

Just my .02

BTW there is a sticky in the 2004-2006 GTO General discussions area entitled: GTO Picture Thread.

So there are 2 ways to feature your car: in the Gallery and in the sticky. http://www.gtoforum.com/f2/gto-picture-thread-11253/

Some sites do not offer their members their own Gallery page this forum does.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
:agree

The chat area is a pretty good idea. The thing is, the same people post up, new members usally lurk around and don't get involved.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I agree, I see a lot of "member since June 05 or whatever" and like 12 posts. People like me read this everyday when they get to work....I feel like I am listening to you guys everyday already lol. I could probably name the top ten names seen on here...Poncho and jpalamar are two of them lol.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
There already is the "Lounge" area where almost anything goes. I've seen another forum where they started a thread called - The Hijack Zone - in an area like the Lounge. You could talk about anything and everything, within reason. Change the subject at anytime, hence, HIJACK. It's one of the most popular threads at the moment. Especially this time of year when most of us guys have a cars tucked away until spring. Just a thought...

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Wanted to jump in here and increase my post count.

Y'all are doing a great job.

I check in every time I can, just don't post as much as I should.

Good thing I didn't join in '05 :D

To all the Admins.."THANKS"

·
Registered
351 Posts
yeah I really like the chat idea. Alot of people are just learning about there car like me. Therfore have alot of questions when a problem comes up. Sometimes even though im thankfull it still might take a day or 2. chat room in real time would be great. Good lookin out

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I have another idea... a tuning discussion section. I don't know how many other users are tuners, but I can think of at least 2.

Oh, and the ability to post .hpt and .log files. :)

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I ain't no jive turkey. ;) You're probably right though, I believe Jpalamar, Svede, and myself are the only HP Tuners users here - that I know of. :confused

Tuning has been fun... there hasn't been much about cars to make me feel stupid lately. :lol: The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts