Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my GTO back from the dealer. They said the alignment was in spec :( and they removed the dealer installed "Identity" anti-theft passive fuel pump disabler.
I saw an ad for TRUNK MONKEY protection and wondered if it was any more effective than the encoded key.???? :confused
Checked out TRUNKMONKEY.COM and cannot find where to purchase it???? :confused
Will it still work if my back seat doesn't fold down.???? :confused

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright... One morning after a long night, I saw a really funny car commercial on TV offering "24 hour trunk monkey protection" with a new car. I thought I would share with everyone a couple of really funny videos?commercials?
I found them @ trunkmonkey.com :party

·
Registered
63 Posts
I do believe that would be Chim-Chim from Speed Racer.-----

I grew up on Speed Racer. I think that show planted the car bug as a youg boy.
Any one else?

GTO-TO-GO

·
Registered
265 Posts
Chim-chim would, of course, be the first, original, and best trunk monkey.

I loved Speed Racer!

Did you know that a couple years ago, someone was actually taking a Corvette, taking the fiberglass off and putting a Mach-5 body on it? Now I bet THAT car would get looks on the street! Especially if you started using the buzz saw blades on the dufus in front of you, or the automatic jacks to springboard over some one in a no-passing zone. What laws of physics???

---Larry

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, They have a WEB site that you can purchase that Mach V from them.
It has great photos of the car and the original american actors that did the voice overs. I haven't gone to that site in over a year. If you are interested try a search. If you can't find it I will pull up some old info that I printed off the site.

For about 20 years I was tring to get Speed Racer stuff, now it's all over the place. It's always been a dream of mine to make a Mach V car to drive----
some day! That Mach V that they make is close to the correct look but not exact.

GTO-TO-GO

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey LarryM,,
I love the Blue GTO.
Thats my favorite color also. Ther is a dealer here in California that has the one and only 2004 Blue/Blue 6M left for my area. I am waiting to see if GM steps up the rebate after 11-1-04 for the 2004's. I have also been looking at the 2005 Vette.
I have noticed that the paint on the GTO is much better than the Vette. The Vette seems to have a little orange peal look to the paint. The clear coat makes it look good from a distance, but up close looks GM. Same finish thats on the trucks that I saw on the lot. The GTO's that I have seen look great, nice and smooth.

GTO-TO-GO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts