Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be blasphemy, but ever since I got my 69 GTO a few months ago I just have not got the vibe from the red line tires. I think if the car was another color it might look better. I have a couple of pictures of the car when it was new and it had thin white stripe tires and looked good that way.

Anyway I went to Discount Tire today and bought 5 Cooper Cobra GT white letter tires, they were $72 each, the total bill for 5 was $466. I have not installed the wheels on the car yet but am pretty sure I will like it better. Now I have to figure out what to do with the redlines since they are practically new and the 5th one even has the sticker on it. I think Craigslist should be a good vehicle for that.

Once I get the wheels back on I will post up a picture of the new skins.:patriot:

Got the pic if can get it posted:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are 225/70-14, that seems to be the correct sise to replace G70-14s. I was thinking about BFG radial TAs, but they were just about double what these tires cost. I drove it Saturday for the first time and they ride good and are quiet and balanced well too. So I am thinking it was a good choice.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts