Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my son a used '03 RSX. Black with black leather interior, sunroof, and 5 speed. He's been having a rough semester at JMU, and his '95 Nissan SE-R was getting a little ragged.

He's probably spoiled but he's also very responsible, and his Mom and I wanted to do this for him.

Anyhow, a young guy just bought the SE-R tonight. Sold it for $3K, and that included a cd/receiver with ipod interface, visonik sub, and Blaupunkt amp, not to mention 2 sets of wheels and tires, the stock 15" and a set of 17" as well.

He seemed as happy as my son. One of those "win-win" situations we look for at work.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Reminds me of college. A girl from Vancouver, BC, whose family owns a huge chain of jewelry stores up there, makes it through her first semester with a 2.0 GPA, with half of that a gift from her instructors because she was so damn hot -- and gets a brand new Honda Prelude as a present.

Your son should buy you a 12 box of your favorite brew for sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saved my 94 Sentra SE-R for my son when I upgraded to an MBZ C-Coupe 5 or 6 years ago. Loved that car and it's subtle but speedy qualities. He's driving it back and forth to college and will have to get his own RSX (or other) afterwards; no more free rides from me. Having traded the C-Coupe for the GTO, I can only say that I will never go back to front wheel drive and only monster engines from now on. I can't stop smiling, following, and flooring this beast.

Note to self...SLOW DOWN.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I saved my 94 Sentra SE-R for my son when I upgraded to an MBZ C-Coupe 5 or 6 years ago. Loved that car and it's subtle but speedy qualities. He's driving it back and forth to college and will have to get his own RSX (or other) afterwards; no more free rides from me. Having traded the C-Coupe for the GTO, I can only say that I will never go back to front wheel drive and only monster engines from now on. I can't stop smiling, following, and flooring this beast.

Note to self...SLOW DOWN.
Nah.

Slow is for The Weak.

:cool

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your son should buy you a 12 box of your favorite brew for sure.
HA! A 12 pack would last me about 6 months- - I just have never been able to get a taste for beer- -

Now JMU on the other hand, has quite a reputation as a party school. My son hits it pretty hard on Friday and Saturday nights, but the rest of the time, he's hitting the books hard. He's a Sophomore, and was asked to TA a class he took last year, so he must be doing some things right.

JMU doesn't have a bona fide engineering school, but they do have an ISAT school (Integrated Science and Technology) that he's enrolled in. One of his buddies told him ISAT stood for: (I Study All the Time).

We met him at Costco this afternoon to replenish his water and snack stash; he is so proud of that car- - -

·
Registered
99 Posts
HA! A 12 pack would last me about 6 months- - I just have never been able to get a taste for beer- -

Now JMU on the other hand, has quite a reputation as a party school. My son hits it pretty hard on Friday and Saturday nights, but the rest of the time, he's hitting the books hard. He's a Sophomore, and was asked to TA a class he took last year, so he must be doing some things right.

JMU doesn't have a bona fide engineering school, but they do have an ISAT school (Integrated Science and Technology) that he's enrolled in. One of his buddies told him ISAT stood for: (I Study All the Time).

We met him at Costco this afternoon to replenish his water and snack stash; he is so proud of that car- - -
Thats great man, hopefully he will take good care of it! As a recent college grad myself, I know how appreciates it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts