Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 06 GTO during the 72-hour sale over the 4th of July holiday weekend. I was planning to look later in the year, but 0% financing helped me make up my mind early. Its a Quicksilver 6-speed with the Red Interior and 18" wheels.

I think tinted windows will be first on my list of updgrades. Not sure if I'm going to do much to her. I can get into plenty of trouble with the stock setup.

·
Registered
388 Posts
AUsomTiger said:
Just got my 06 GTO during the 72-hour sale over the 4th of July holiday weekend. I was planning to look later in the year, but 0% financing helped me make up my mind early. Its a Quicksilver 6-speed with the Red Interior and 18" wheels.

I think tinted windows will be first on my list of updgrades. Not sure if I'm going to do much to her. I can get into plenty of trouble with the stock setup.
Welcome to the herd, and IMHO it was a good choice on the M6 and 18's. The only drawback to the car is that it is too much fun to drive :willy:

·
Registered
54 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
The only drawback to the car is that it is too much fun to drive :willy:

:agree exactly. I like driving this car too much it's starting to get expensive because of the gas prices. It's worth it though. I just have to start cutting back a little bit. It's like a drug I guess you could say. I try to get out all of the time just so I can toy with it. Definitely money well spent! Anyways. . . .

AUsomTiger said:

Welcome, and take good care of her:cheers

·
Registered
388 Posts
lkynmbr3 said:
:agree exactly. I like driving this car too much it's starting to get expensive because of the gas prices. It's worth it though. I just have to start cutting back a little bit. It's like a drug I guess you could say. I try to get out all of the time just so I can toy with it. Definitely money well spent! Anyways. . . .
Welcome, and take good care of her:cheers
Yep...just like a drug. I've been pretty obsessive about driving this car. I've owned it for two months, and during the first month, I had a full-time job. Over the last few weeks, I've avoided almost every personal responsibility I can simply to drive the car. While I'd generally classify this as a bad thing, when I make an excuse to drive or just tell my wife I'm going out for a drive, it is time well spent...this thing is so much fun to drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is Silver w/ Red leather. Had the choice of that, Red/Black, or Blue/Blue. All of them had the 6-speed. My top choice was black/red, but I had to take dealer stock to get the deal I got. I do like this combination.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome...I too have the Quicksilver Metallic w/the 6-speed and 18" wheels. Unlike you though, black is my interior color...the red interior reminds me of something you'd see in a cathouse.

If you haven't done so yet, look over every square inch of your paint to make sure it doesn't have any "clearcoat contamination issues". My GTO went into the shop last week to get repainted...I will get it back on Monday, and it will have a lifetime warranty on the new paint job. The only real bummer is I won't be able to wax it for 90 days.

Again, nice choice of color...love the look of the Quicksilver Metallic on these cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.