Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
This is my first time on these forums. I hope to visit alot and learn more about our great cars.

OK, so I have been wanting to do a 6.0L conversion on my truck and other various engine upgrades ect... Well, that is getting ready to take a back seat to my new toy (and more appropriate for performance upgrades) a 2005 GTO. My very own Goat!

Anyway here are some pics:

I got an absolutely amazing deal on the car. Sticker=$34,000 RedTag=$31,000 GMS=$28,000 Demo=$27,000 (must have 7,500miles to qualify)

My price $26,500 plus tax with 1,500miles used.

Now, I have no plans to start neglecting my first bought, but I am going to have to go a different way than originally planned. Thanks for looking, and maybe I'll see you on the strip!

Nineball,
Jake

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice ride, black really is the fastest color. Nice wheels, too. I opted for the chrome ones as well.

·
Registered
584 Posts
welcome to the family!!!!!:party:
Congrats on the deal on your Goat:cheers
My buddy knows the Manager at the dealer I bought mine from so I got itfor about 30 even after tax and licensing.

Yer lucky it looks like they didnt stick that damn front license plate holder on it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
707GTOLS2 said:
Yer lucky it looks like they didnt stick that damn front license plate holder on it
I hate those on any car.... Luckily, Indiana doesn't require two plates on our vehicles.... Unfortunately, our plates are an ugliy light green with blue lettering......what were they thinking......

·
Registered
674 Posts
not pissing in your cornflakes, but giving you a heads up.

is the car a "demo", or "used"? If used it could have been a buyback. if a buyback it could be from something stupid like the gas pedal assembly that failed a lot and they couldnt get the part, or something more. when does the warranty start? if early 05 and not a demo, then probably the gas pedal.

knowledge is power.

congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tom said:
not pissing in your cornflakes, but giving you a heads up.

is the car a "demo", or "used"? If used it could have been a buyback. if a buyback it could be from something stupid like the gas pedal assembly that failed a lot and they couldnt get the part, or something more. when does the warranty start? if early 05 and not a demo, then probably the gas pedal.

knowledge is power.

congrats on the new car.
Car was originally purchased June 05. Then returned late October. Reason given.... Father purchased car for 22yr old son in college, son could not afford $540/month insurance. Father returned car for huge loss with 1,500miles. *No one has seen the son since*

*I added that, ha ha funny....

Thanks for the concern, but it is a chance I am wiling to take. Oh, warranty, I have 30 months left or 34,000miles.

Jake

·
Registered
674 Posts
it is a chance worth taking. the major buyback reasons ive read are water leaks from the drivers door, blown motors, and the gas pedal part.

if yours doesnt leak, and the motor isnt blown, i wouldnt worry.

enjoy the car, and welcome to gto ownership.

about a dozen years ago my then girlfriend almost bought a celica gt from an infinity dealer for a similar reason. the car was brand new.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Again welcome to the family. I wanted silver on red with the Sports package and
corsa exhaust but I was told that would be a 2 week wait, I SAID FORGET IT GIMME MY GOAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:willy: And I loved her ever since.:party:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! :party:

I used to live and work in Indy....Graduated from Purdue University back in 1994!

Be careful if you are going to drive the Goat this winter!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.